Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brown Metallic Paint Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the brown. Back when Teslas were less common, the random people who came up to me to talk about the car occasionally would usually complimented me on the color. :)

The funniest thing to me, though, was when I was in another state and charging at a public charger (not Supercharger) at a mall, and when I came back to get my car, there was another brown Tesla next to mine. (The owner was nowhere in sight.) And the car had plates from the same state as mine! As rare as brown is and as uncommon as Teslas were back then, that was a weird coincidence. :cool:

here’s a real unicorn my factory metallic mocha 2013 P85+
20221023_202124166_iOS-Enhanced.jpeg

here’s a real unicorn my factory metallic mocha 2013 P85+ View attachment 1021593
It's been said before, but Tesla's original colors were the best.

In 2013 I could have strained and spent $60,000 to buy a Model S with 160 mile range or $41,000 to buy a Focus Electric with 76 miles range, both eligible for $7500 US tax credit. I regret that I opted for the latter. One factor that seemed important at the time was that Tesla wanted about $7800 for an extended warranty and four-year service agreement (separate items).

It's been said before, but Tesla's original colors were the best.
Agreed. This site has a good history of the Tesla color options: Tesla Colors – Model S, 3, X, Y – The Ultimate Guide but unfortunately no numbers published of how many of each colors were made.

Here are "rare" modern pictures for us to enjoy the classics :)

Original Blue Metallic, Titanium Metallic, and Mocha Brown
(Taken at a Tesla dealership, very easy to find these cars since they stand out)
20210419_094501.jpg

Grey Metallic, Mocha Brown, Midnight Silver, Titanium Metallic , Green Metallic
20190605_101435.jpg

Reactions: Fred42