TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

BT Streaming Broken on 2018.14.2?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by phaphaphooey, May 2, 2018.

1. phaphaphooey

phaphaphooey Member

During the LTE outage yesterday I learned that my BT streaming also does not work. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Oreo and have no problem in any of my other cars. It will stream a second or less of audio and then pause. Restarting the song will only get another second or so of music before it pauses again. Does anyone else have this issue?

2. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

I have the same problem on my Galaxy S8+ but it happened to me after a phone update instead of anything with the car.

I got it to play by hitting play on the center console rather than from the phone.

3. Logan5

Logan5 Member

I have the same problem, sporadically, with my iPhone X. The workaround is also what Gatorguy described.

4. Ande

Ande Member

I have 14.2.
    No such issue, except my music player is set to pause on connection/disconnect of devices, so it's best to press play on car display, rather than Android device.

Recent updates provided some of the new high quantity BT profiles. We all know how crappy Apple is when it comes to obeying standards. So your best bet may be to use a player that can force a specific connection type... And force it back to A2DP (If Apple allow for such control)

5. phaphaphooey

phaphaphooey Member

Ande: I have an Android so I don't have to worry about Apple's refusal to play well with others. Thank you for the suggestion however.

Everyone else: I tried to hit play on the console instead of the phone and had the same result. I will try again and report back tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the input.

6. phaphaphooey

phaphaphooey Member

As an update, I had to hit play on the center console several times but did get it to work finally. Would not work from my phone no matter what I did. Thank you everyone for the assistance.

7. .jg.

.jg. Member

I'm on 2018.14.2 and have not noticed any change in the BT streaming behaviour. The car does sometimes lose sight of the phone's media but it did this before the Tesla upgrade. When it does this, I can fix it by pressing play on the phone's music player or by disconnecting/reconnecting BT. (I never have problems with BT for telephone use - I can always make or receive calls)

8. xceler8tion

xceler8tion Member

Same issue here. I have a iPhone 8 Plus. On firmware 2018.16. The song only plays for a second then stops. It doesn't matter if I press play on the console or not.

9. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

Having the same issue here (Samsung Note 8) . Its finicky to get working right. Even hitting the play in the car console doesnt always work.

10. TheAccuser

TheAccuser Member

Same issue on my early VIN 85D. Running Pixel 2 XL. Happened both on Oreo and now P.

11. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

Latest firmware seems to have fixed the bluetooth issue 2018.18.2

12. TheAccuser

TheAccuser Member

Wish I could force an update to 2018.18.2

If I take it into my service center, can they force it?

13. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

I take it back the issue has not been resolved. Happened to me again today