Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

bubbling alcantara B panel (pre-facelift 2016)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car's driver side B pillar is starting to look a bit worse for wear; a little worn, a little discolored, and now the alcantara has a bubble. The car turned 90k this month, so it's not been driven to the moon and back, but it's also been driven.

I try to be somewhat careful getting in and out of the car, but the car's a tool not a pet...

What's the cost at a SC of replacing this part? Do they even stock it still? Are there other options?

(ah nuts, I just noticed I said "b panel" not "b pillar" -- that'll teach me to post before bedtime; sigh)

I replaced my passenger B Pillar back in Feb. 2023 at the service center. They had to order it and the list price was $165 and the labor was $72. You can find used ones for less money but need to make sure their in good condition.

Really? That's stupid cheap for a weird cosmetic part on a 7 year old luxury car. The part looked right when it was installed and they didn't cause some other weird problem?

My car's driver side B pillar is starting to look a bit worse for wear; a little worn, a little discolored, and now the alcantara has a bubble. The car turned 90k this month, so it's not been driven to the moon and back, but it's also been driven.

I try to be somewhat careful getting in and out of the car, but the car's a tool not a pet...

What's the cost at a SC of replacing this part? Do they even stock it still? Are there other options?

(ah nuts, I just noticed I said "b panel" not "b pillar" -- that'll teach me to post before bedtime; sigh)
I have something like this on my 2018, I assume it's from the sunlight. I was thinking maybe I could apply some glue using a syringe carefully, like this:

My only concern is that I have the cream interior so would have to apply sparingly to avoid bleed through staining.