Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug with favourites and TuneIn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else has come across this issue, I have 2 TuneIn stations favorited and they show up with my FM radio stations. When I use the scroll wheel to go through the favorites it gets stuck in a loop when I hit the TuneIn stations, it only lets me go back and forth between those 2 stations as opposed to moving back to the start of the list as it does when they are not in the favorites. I then have to pull up the screen and change to an FM station manually.

Yes favorite list is buggy on my 24.8 M3. I have a few FM stations and a few Streaming stations and sometimes the streaming stations disappear from the list completely. Also inconsistent user interface when you use left steering wheel scroll to browse through FM stations. If you hit a Streaming station then the scroll wheel function changes to “go to song beginning” or “skip to the next song.” You can’t browse stations again unless it’s through the screen.

If you hit a Streaming station then the scroll wheel function changes to “go to song beginning” or “skip to the next song.” You can’t browse stations again unless it’s through the screen.

Long press the left scroll wheel to the right or left for about 1-2 seconds while on a streaming station and it will change stations instead of skipping songs.

Long press the left scroll wheel to the right or left for about 1-2 seconds while on a streaming station and it will change stations instead of skipping songs.
Yes I found this out only after I took my car into a service center and got a model S as a loaner car! The Model S gives you cues like tool tips when you do certain things and that was one of the tips. I don’t know why the Model 3 doesn’t give you the same tips

My tunein favorites disappear. No favorites top level group on the left. If I favorite anything, the favorites menu reappears containing all my old favorites. May be better in 42.3, I need to try it more.

My Tune In favorite stations also randomly disappear, but in the past 10 days they haven't. I believe that it has something to do with WiFi switching because in the past 10 days I have been away from home and not connected to WiFi.
A way I discovered to restore forgotten Tune-In in favorites is to switch to Streaming selections and then return to your Tune-In favorites. When you do, your Tune-In favorites are now back.

Have the same issue on my M3 (2019.20.2.1). However, we don't have "streaming selections" here in Europe. The following work-around brings back my favs consistently: 1) select a random (non-favorite) TuneIn station and 2) make this a new favorite. This makes all earlier favorites visible and playable until end of ride and car locked.