Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugs with the new 1.9.0 OTA for Powerwall 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just on the phone with the techs at Tesla, regarding an issue with the Powerwall 2 does not initiate self-power mode anymore. I noticed this issue after the Tuesday 1.9.0 OTA update, and I attempted to switch between Backup only and Self-power to see if it will trigger the change, nothing worked. The tech said it is a known issue that the 1.9.0 update affected some battery's ability to Self-power at night, and there is no timeline for the fix.

I called their customer support this morning, and the person I spoke to said it was likely the known 1.9.0 issue, but they would file a ticket to check (but the techs don't work weekends so wouldn't get to it until Monday or Tuesday). When I checked later this morning, it was working fine.

Given the timing, I don't know whether Tesla did something that fixed it, or if it was the monkeying around I did last night in the app and web interface (stopping and starting the PowerWall) that fixed it. I'm still on 1.9.0, so they didn't downgrade me.

As of right now, my power wall 2 is doing the self power mode as usual, seems like they fixed the issue from their end. @trbeals, I noticed that once you changed the setting in your app, it will be synchronized with the battery at the exact whole hour. For example, you changed your settings at 07:27, it will go into effect right at 08:00. Please keep posting if this isn't happened to you.

Tech support contacted me yesterday to advise:
- issue I logged last week was associated with the now "known" 1.9.0 Firmware bug
- they were not going to downgrade my firmware version as a new Firmware was imminent
- the firmware update would be applied remotely and would not require any action at my end
- the new Firmware version would be visible in the App as soon as the update occured

• Informative
Reactions: Shygar
Tech support contacted me yesterday to advise:
- issue I logged last week was associated with the now "known" 1.9.0 Firmware bug
- they were not going to downgrade my firmware version as a new Firmware was imminent
- the firmware update would be applied remotely and would not require any action at my end
- the new Firmware version would be visible in the App as soon as the update occured
Hopefully by next Monday they will roll out the new firmware.