TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Build quality 2106 p90d vs 2016 70D

Discussion in 'Model S' started by srthomas21, Mar 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. srthomas21

srthomas21 Member

My 70D is in for service today and they gave me a p90d with ludicrous as a loner (holy crap it's fast). both cars were built in 2016 and both cars have similar miles on them but the p90d seems to have a better build quality than my70D-no squeaks or noises or rattles and just seems tighter overall. the seats seem more comfortable as well.

Am I imagining this?

It also has latest software which restricts autopilot to the speed limit. I was literally honked at twice because the flow of traffic was greater than the speed limit and people were looking at me like I was a granny driver. I refuse to update my software because of this. The 5mph over seems like a perfectly reasonable compromise. Not sure why they got rid of it ?

2. bktiger86

bktiger86 Member

I have a S75 2017 model. I feel like the interior quality is definitely very poor. I find things rattling around on the inside as well as some of the adhesive on the seals being worn off already. I've seen my friend's car which is also a s75 2017 model too, and his is a little bit better built. I think it really depends on the car. They might have also built the p90d better just because its a more expensive car or because it is a loner car they've done multiple maintenance on it already.

3. majcina

majcina Member

Might be a better build because the P90D is 90 years newer! :p

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. srthomas21

srthomas21 Member

Elon did it. Invented a time machine.

Problem is I can't get the damn thing up to 88 mph because they limit the loaners to 85!

• Funny x 3