Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Build quality 2106 p90d vs 2016 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 70D is in for service today and they gave me a p90d with ludicrous as a loner (holy crap it's fast). both cars were built in 2016 and both cars have similar miles on them but the p90d seems to have a better build quality than my70D-no squeaks or noises or rattles and just seems tighter overall. the seats seem more comfortable as well.

Am I imagining this?

It also has latest software which restricts autopilot to the speed limit. I was literally honked at twice because the flow of traffic was greater than the speed limit and people were looking at me like I was a granny driver. I refuse to update my software because of this. The 5mph over seems like a perfectly reasonable compromise. Not sure why they got rid of it ?

My 70D is in for service today and they gave me a p90d with ludicrous as a loner (holy crap it's fast). both cars were built in 2016 and both cars have similar miles on them but the p90d seems to have a better build quality than my70D-no squeaks or noises or rattles and just seems tighter overall. the seats seem more comfortable as well.

Am I imagining this?

It also has latest software which restricts autopilot to the speed limit. I was literally honked at twice because the flow of traffic was greater than the speed limit and people were looking at me like I was a granny driver. I refuse to update my software because of this. The 5mph over seems like a perfectly reasonable compromise. Not sure why they got rid of it ?

I have a S75 2017 model. I feel like the interior quality is definitely very poor. I find things rattling around on the inside as well as some of the adhesive on the seals being worn off already. I've seen my friend's car which is also a s75 2017 model too, and his is a little bit better built. I think it really depends on the car. They might have also built the p90d better just because its a more expensive car or because it is a loner car they've done multiple maintenance on it already.