Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cadillac CT6 PHEV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

McRat

Jan 20, 2016
LA
Virtually everything is standard equipment. 18.4 kWh. 0-60mph = 5.3 seconds. 110 sqft interior.

Infrared Night Vision
Programmable HUD
Front and rear automatic braking (it hits the brakes in reverse).
Video Rearview Mirror
ACC, Pedestrian Warning, Alert tone, interior movement sensor, inclination sensor
360° Surround Vision with recording capability
10 speaker sound w/Carplay AAuto
120v inverter
USBs front and rear, wireless phone charging, Homelink
Dual Rear Entertainment
Heated seats, ventilated seats
Power steering wheel adjustment with memory
Power sunroof, power rear screen,side screens, acoustic glass
Rain sense, camera cleaners, cornering lights, door lights
Auto Parking
etc.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2017-Cadillac-CT6-Plug-In-Order-Guide.pdf

Perhaps the best-equipped PHEV to date?

I am looking at one of these for my mother to replace her ELR once it comes off lease.

I wish I could get her to go full electric with a Tesla but the charging aspect is so far from her thought process and desire to learn something new these 30+ miles electric only cars are the best I can do.

She loves her ELR and was really sad when i told her they discontinued it.

GM has had 7 years to offer a midsize PHEV and when they do it cost $75k, gets an AER of 31 miles with a combined 26 MPG in hybrid mode.

Here's what a CT6 PHEV is:

The CT6 PHEV I drove had more passenger room than a mid-sized. Amenities were equal to or surpassed the base $98k Mercedes 550e (14mi EV range) and has similar passenger room. 0-60 mph in 5.2s.
In All Gas mode, it gets 29 mpg hwy, 23 mpg city. In hybrid mode the EPA test shows 70/56 MPGe.
The CT6 ICE was offered mid 2016, the PHEV version in late 2017. That is <1.5 years.
The CT6 qualifies for the full $7500 Federal and most state credits unlike the Mercedes.
True cost is about $60,000 plus state taxes if you know how to buy cars and file for credits.
This is what it comes with:
  • CUE/Nav/Infotainment
  • Programmable HUD with NAV
  • 360° bird's eye view with SD card video recorder
  • Front and REAR automatic emergency braking which is stellar.
  • Cadillac handling. If you don't know what that is, find out on a closed course. It's abilities exceed whatever you will encounter on the road.
  • Dual sunroofs, one for the front seats, one for the rear, independent.
  • Privacy curtains. Rear unit is powered.
  • NightVision Thermal Imaging system with 3 times the range of high beams, and NOT located in the center display.
  • ACC
  • Dual rear retractable HDTV's with HDMI/USB input or 4G broadcast TV with Wireless headphones.
  • Auto adjusting seatbelts
  • Following distance indicator
  • 360° collision alert
  • OnStar Concierge/Safety/Diagnostic/Emergency/Nav system.
  • Auto pedestrian braking
  • Lane change and blind spot vibration-based warning system with visual and audio backup.
  • LKA
  • Pedestrian friendly warning sound
  • Excellent cross traffic alert and braking system.
  • Better than average rear camera
  • Teen Driver system to control radio sound, top speed, report location, record driving behavior, etc.
  • Heated / cooled seats with memory
  • Digital wide view rear view mirror

Hell it even has ashtrays for the front and back seats and dozens of more features.

And it's the 'stripped' version compared to the Platinum CT6. We selected the Platinum because of the larger trunk. The PHEV put the battery in the trunk. We like a Cadillac sized trunk. But the reality is for MOST commuters, the CT6 PHEV has enough AER to commute without gasoline, especially if there is charging at work. The ICE version gets about 25 mpg from SoCal to Las Vegas at 75-85 mph in ACC mode. This number is based on map mileage and fuel receipts, and includes 4000+ foot tall mountains and high winds. Edit - This was with 4 adults and luggage.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kipernicus