TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cadillac CT6 PHEV

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by McRat, Feb 7, 2017.

1. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

Virtually everything is standard equipment. 18.4 kWh. 0-60mph = 5.3 seconds. 110 sqft interior.

Infrared Night Vision
    Programmable HUD
    Front and rear automatic braking (it hits the brakes in reverse).
    Video Rearview Mirror
    ACC, Pedestrian Warning, Alert tone, interior movement sensor, inclination sensor
    360° Surround Vision with recording capability
    10 speaker sound w/Carplay AAuto
    120v inverter
    USBs front and rear, wireless phone charging, Homelink
    Dual Rear Entertainment
    Heated seats, ventilated seats
    Power steering wheel adjustment with memory
    Power sunroof, power rear screen,side screens, acoustic glass
    Rain sense, camera cleaners, cornering lights, door lights
    Auto Parking
    etc.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2017-Cadillac-CT6-Plug-In-Order-Guide.pdf

Perhaps the best-equipped PHEV to date?

2. Bandwidth

Bandwidth Member

I am looking at one of these for my mother to replace her ELR once it comes off lease.

I wish I could get her to go full electric with a Tesla but the charging aspect is so far from her thought process and desire to learn something new these 30+ miles electric only cars are the best I can do.

She loves her ELR and was really sad when i told her they discontinued it.

3. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

A couple interesting sounding colors - Deep Amethyst and Bronze Dune.

I'm not really in the market for a massive sedan, but I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews.

4. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

#4 McRat, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2018
  5. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

6. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

Night Vision on CT6:

7. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

#7 McRat, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Here's what a CT6 PHEV is:

The CT6 PHEV I drove had more passenger room than a mid-sized. Amenities were equal to or surpassed the base $98k Mercedes 550e (14mi EV range) and has similar passenger room. 0-60 mph in 5.2s.
    In All Gas mode, it gets 29 mpg hwy, 23 mpg city. In hybrid mode the EPA test shows 70/56 MPGe.
    The CT6 ICE was offered mid 2016, the PHEV version in late 2017. That is <1.5 years.
    The CT6 qualifies for the full $7500 Federal and most state credits unlike the Mercedes.
    True cost is about $60,000 plus state taxes if you know how to buy cars and file for credits.
    This is what it comes with:
    • CUE/Nav/Infotainment
    • Programmable HUD with NAV
    • 360° bird's eye view with SD card video recorder
    • Front and REAR automatic emergency braking which is stellar.
    • Cadillac handling. If you don't know what that is, find out on a closed course. It's abilities exceed whatever you will encounter on the road.
    • Dual sunroofs, one for the front seats, one for the rear, independent.
    • Privacy curtains. Rear unit is powered.
    • NightVision Thermal Imaging system with 3 times the range of high beams, and NOT located in the center display.
    • ACC
    • Dual rear retractable HDTV's with HDMI/USB input or 4G broadcast TV with Wireless headphones.
    • Auto adjusting seatbelts
    • Following distance indicator
    • 360° collision alert
    • OnStar Concierge/Safety/Diagnostic/Emergency/Nav system.
    • Auto pedestrian braking
    • Lane change and blind spot vibration-based warning system with visual and audio backup.
    • LKA
    • Pedestrian friendly warning sound
    • Excellent cross traffic alert and braking system.
    • Better than average rear camera
    • Teen Driver system to control radio sound, top speed, report location, record driving behavior, etc.
    • Heated / cooled seats with memory
    • Digital wide view rear view mirror

Hell it even has ashtrays for the front and back seats and dozens of more features.

And it's the 'stripped' version compared to the Platinum CT6. We selected the Platinum because of the larger trunk. The PHEV put the battery in the trunk. We like a Cadillac sized trunk. But the reality is for MOST commuters, the CT6 PHEV has enough AER to commute without gasoline, especially if there is charging at work. The ICE version gets about 25 mpg from SoCal to Las Vegas at 75-85 mph in ACC mode. This number is based on map mileage and fuel receipts, and includes 4000+ foot tall mountains and high winds. Edit - This was with 4 adults and luggage.

• Informative x 1