Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Built-in navigation is weird/unreliable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've used the navigation through iPhone handoff/share, which basically just enters the address for you into the Tesla navigation, and I noticed that it's pretty unreliable. Two separate familiar routes took me in crazy roundabout directions, made no sense, and it wasn't traffic/closure related. One yesterday made me head north on the freeway, then exit the first exit and turn around to go south, when the street I WAS ALREADY ON had an on-ramp for southbound (this I know from experience). Another had me going blocks around the location, which I could see on the map was accessible by other streets.

I've never experienced such crazy routes on Apple's maps or other driving apps

I've had the OEM Nav for 2 years (M3 and MY) and it is very good. Waze has benefits from user-input, but the maps and directions from Tesla are great for the most part.

You may just have driven in a section of the map that is messed up. Let us know if it does it the next time you drive in the areas.

I've had the OEM Nav for 2 years (M3 and MY) and it is very good. Waze has benefits from user-input, but the maps and directions from Tesla are great for the most part.

You may just have driven in a section of the map that is messed up. Let us know if it does it the next time you drive in the areas.
Possible, but it was two different areas, both of which right off the 5 freeway in Socal - you'd think well-traveled and therefore well-documented/recorded

Reactions: Snow Drift