Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

navigation not working properly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last 2 or 3 days, my Navigation is only partially working........It will textually give me the suggested route, but it no longer diagrams it on the map, and it no longer calculates the estimated duration. At the bottom, where it would normally give the expected duration, it just says "Calculating......". The movement of my car is accurately reflected on the map, but no route is highlighted in blue, as it had been.

I believe this has just happened since the latest update, which was "minor bug fixes". I'm running software v11.1 (2023.20.4.1....). It doesn't matter whether I'm using a pre-set address (like "home"), or if I input the address.

Anyone with the same issue? Any solution ideas?

Any solution ideas?

My solution is to go into the software menu and change from "Advanced" to "Standard". Having owned a Tesla for 2.5 years, I've learned that I want to be the *last* one getting an update (or not at all).

Tesla wholeheartedly embraces the "move fast and break things" mantra when it comes to software. Furthermore, although I'm sure their intentions are to improve things, the updates seems to make things worse more often than better.