Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Buy used model S or new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been looking for a used model S for a while now- probably around $65k is my budget. I've seen some 2018 builds with around 20k miles with all the features available for this price. But that was a 75D. I think the 2018 enhanced autopilot is AP2.5, right?

But just for the heck of it, I went to Tesla.com to price out a new model S and found I could get a new one for $82k (long range, 19" wheels with premium interior). My only options are range, wheels, and premium interior which as far as I can tell is just color. What happened to all the other options like sunroof, dual motor, air suspension, sub-zero package? Are these all included now?

Hi, I am looking at a used Model S P85D, which has "Insane" mode activated, (or whatever it's called). My concern is, I read that use of this higher power feature often is likely to damage or reduce the lifetime of the battery. Does anybody have any insight as to this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Bill K

Hi, I am looking at a used Model S P85D, which has "Insane" mode activated, (or whatever it's called). My concern is, I read that use of this higher power feature often is likely to damage or reduce the lifetime of the battery. Does anybody have any insight as to this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Bill K
Half shafts and other parts related to hard launches are more prone to accelerated (no pun intended ;) ) wear rather than the battery.