Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F
19” wheels? Looks like they are still planning to get these awd out by end of month. We are still all tbd from back in early Feb order 2/10
Knowing Tesla, they will try to push as many deliveries by end of quarter which is March 31st...

I ordered one with Tow Hitch. Texted 510 number in the morning with estimated delivery and only thing SA said is "There's a rough ETA for your vehicle to arrive mid March."

We will see...

So i got on chat on website and asked if my car was built and gve them my order number this is what they said after this chat i said i have a vin and i was told it is built an on its way they replied we don't know only your SA might know because they are from presales. then i sent them a link of a long range which was on inventory aroun 59k so they said yes this car has an ETA of 03/08
I just don't understand what the hell is going on here.
if this stays like this i might really consider dropping of buying a tesla.
20230303_134431.jpg

Guys, update from my side, pulled the trigger on an MYAWD 20" inventory which was at the service center. Swapping the wheels with a friend for 1600. I am going to poke him more to get the max out. delivery confirmed for tomorrow. the price was 1k higher showing on the web but they honored my order price plus 2k for the wheels. everything was initially done on the email with my local SA. was quickly updated in the app as soon I confirmed with them. Went to the SC and verified everything. initially, they said Monday delivery, I requested for tomorrow and later got a msg saying express delivery 15 mins for tomorrow. the vin is 73XXX I saw lots of Ys there for delivery in all colors with 19 and 20" wheels. I didn't see any of the Fremont ones all where Austin. PA series The furthest I noticed the Vin was 83XXX. Not sure if these are AWD or LR.

Reactions: j7j7mad
Guys, update from my side, pulled the trigger on an MYAWD 20" inventory which was at the service center. Swapping the wheels with a friend for 1600. I am going to poke him more to get the max out. delivery confirmed for tomorrow. the price was 1k higher showing on the web but they honored my order price plus 2k for the wheels. everything was initially done on the email with my local SA. was quickly updated in the app as soon I confirmed with them. Went to the SC and verified everything. initially, they said Monday delivery, I requested for tomorrow and later got a msg saying express delivery 15 mins for tomorrow. the vin is 73XXX I saw lots of Ys there for delivery in all colors with 19 and 20" wheels. I didn't see any of the Fremont ones all where Austin. PA series The furthest I noticed the Vin was 83XXX. Not sure if these are AWD or LR.
SAME HERE! Thanks for the motivation to get it done. Delivery scheduled 3/8!!!!!!!!

Reactions: dion009
wait so how did you know that the AWD over there were available in inventory? did you go to the showroom? if they do it for mine as well i might do that too

wait so how did you know that the AWD over there were available in inventory? did you go to the showroom? if they do it for mine as well i might do that too
Check the inventory page for Atlanta. I think they still have an MSM MYAWD available. I saw the white one with 20" which didn't have coming soon next to it and emailed my Alpharetta SA. she replied immediately saying it's there in Kennesaw and I will have to go there and take it if I want it. yes yes and everything was done within 15 - 20 mins. coz I definitely don't trust tesla me and friend went to the Kennesaw SC and confirmed everything. was not able to see the car. there is a new SA assigned for me and she said they cant show it till the delivery time.

Reactions: James2023y
Check the inventory page for Atlanta. I think they still have an MSM MYAWD available. I saw the white one with 20" which didn't have coming soon next to it and emailed my Alpharetta SA. she replied immediately saying it's there in Kennesaw and I will have to go there and take it if I want it. yes yes and everything was done within 15 - 20 mins. coz I definitely don't trust tesla me and friend went to the Kennesaw SC and confirmed everything. was not able to see the car. there is a new SA assigned for me and she said they cant show it till the delivery time.
Also, they are honoring the old base price plus whatever the addon wheels color, etc.

Lol, I asked my SA to do the same thing. Ordered a MY AWD silver 19” to swap for one on the lot 20” white and she said “No you cannot switch. Your order will be here before you know it”

LOL

• Funny
Lol, I asked my SA to do the same thing. Ordered a MY AWD silver 19” to swap for one on the lot 20” white and she said “No you cannot switch. Your order will be here before you know it”

LOL
Uhhhhh you can totally switch. My SA even offered to submit an escalation ticket for the white MYAWD I originally wanted when I called today. I decided to just go for the gray one with 20”s for my own sanity.

Almost sat in my car but then i realized even if they honor my price i would be spending 2k more on wheels i would rather spend 1k and get a LR i will just wait if something pops up for LR Or else just stick with the 19 and see where it goes
Thanks for the update though
Let's meet up after i recieve my tesla (if i dont change my mind until then) lol

Almost sat in my car but then i realized even if they honor my price i would be spending 2k more on wheels i would rather spend 1k and get a LR i will just wait if something pops up for LR Or else just stick with the 19 and see where it goes
Thanks for the update though
Let's meet up after i recieve my tesla (if i dont change my mind until then) lol
I see a MYAWD blue with 20" now available rest all seem to be coming soon. there are lots of them now even white 19". Keep an eye on when the status changes from "coming soon". the blue with 20" will be like 3k + 50990

I see a MYAWD blue with 20" now available rest all seem to be coming soon. there are lots of them now even white 19". Keep an eye on when the status changes from "coming soon". the blue with 20" will be like 3k + 50990
Yup so 2k more for me for those wheels. Ill just wait let's see.
They seem to be constantly dumping on waiting for tesla. Maybe they are actually producing now?
Possible but it's tesla you never know what they are doing