Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Single 19” Gemini Wheel and Tire as a Spare?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure can! Just found the receipt for the certificates I got for the MY. Replacement tire spec'd for the certificate is 255/45 R19 Continental Pro Contact RX TE 104. Certificate cost was $54.75 per wheel.

thanks, and good info to know. A little after i bought my MY I got a full set of spare wheels and tires , the only thing I had to add was the TPMS. If memory serves after it was all said and done it was like $1500. I'm now using those tires, and wheels. So I don't think it was a bad deal overall. The guy said they only had about 100 miles on them, I really used up my original set, but you guys have given me an idea that if push comes to shove I can use the best of the original set as a spare during a long trip.

My original idea was to put winter tires on them and swap them out.

I also have a Modern Spare... choices! LOL

For the past 20 years ia had may be 4-5 tire repairs for my whole family and it was mostly because we moved into new community.
Then my son caught one and was driving adding air for almost a week. All cars had spares but I put those only twice.
Minivan was AWD and had no spare that freaked me out but with put 120k on it and only one new tire covered by dealer since those tires were run flats and they wouldn't repair it.

In 33K miles I caught one nail on MY. Car was still drivable with periodically adding air.
Dropped by closest tire place and fixed it for $30.
I would suggest investing in air compressor and tire plug kit
Tire Plug Kit
T Sportline sells spare tires for $400
TSportline spare

But buying 4 Gemini tires for $1200 makes a lot of sense too.

Reactions: yellowr6