Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a used Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy, was wondering if someone can answer my question. I am trying to help my daughter buy a used Model X. She wants one with the free supercharging. From what I understand in order to get that I would need to buy a used 2016 or older from either a non-Tesla dealership or private party and that the vehicle must have not been previously sold by Tesla as a used vehicle. Is that correct?

You can go to Tesla.com- select Model X and Used inventory, then check "free supercharging" in the list of options, There are 2 in AZ with free supercharging right now, one is a 2016 and the other is a 2019. Have her put her Zipcode in to the search and that should locate any that are near her - You can also use EV-CPO to search too

Believe this is better than what the other EV manufacturers do. They usually just include a year or two of high speed charging at one of the many retail charging companies. Do 't believe any of them offer free supercharging for life with new or used cars.

Most of the retail chargers have gone up a bunch in the last year or so as well. Believe Tesla is still one of the fastest and least expensive of all the independent charging stations. Some charge double or triple what Tesla charges.

While everyone wants free fuel with their used cars, don't believe any other ICE or EVs offer anything better than Tesla.