Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Gemini’s from Tesla for a 2022 MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

Current MYP 2022 owner with Uberturbines, and I’m looking to move down to 19s for improved ride comfort.

I personally like the look of the Gemini wheels, and was wondering if anyone knew how much Tesla would charge for a set of 4 wheels + TPMS sensors?

I can source the all season tires I want from Discount Tire, so wouldn’t need those.

Thanks!

Reactions: 240vPlug
Hey everyone,

Current MYP 2022 owner with Uberturbines, and I’m looking to move down to 19s for improved ride comfort.

I personally like the look of the Gemini wheels, and was wondering if anyone knew how much Tesla would charge for a set of 4 wheels + TPMS sensors?

I can source the all season tires I want from Discount Tire, so wouldn’t need those.

Thanks!
Why not get 18” if comfort is the concern?

get a used set here or on FB. Range/efficiency went up 10-25% (not super scientific but teslafi shows improvement). Ride is good.

I found a set for 1500 with 200 miles included covers, TPMS, rims, and tires. Just bolted them on and rocked the 19's in the winter/road trips.

Temps were close to the same but you get the idea. (got tired of looking for same temps to compare). I drive the same route at the same speed (speed limit)
Work Trip with 21 Uberturbines installed:
1662288055718.png

Work Trip after Gemini's installed:
1662287882277.png

20220902_183024.jpg
20220831_183540.jpg

Last edited:
Get yourself some used takeoffs and you will save a significant amount.

If you want new you will need wheels, TPMS sensors, and tires. Then you will need mounting and balancing as well.

With takeoffs you need none of that and you should be able to find them with less than 500 miles for about $400 a wheel.

I went with TSPORTLINE 19” wheel and tire combo since they had a Labor Day sale. Those were considerably more expensive though.

Reactions: Cyberspeed
Get yourself some used takeoffs and you will save a significant amount.

If you want new you will need wheels, TPMS sensors, and tires. Then you will need mounting and balancing as well.

With takeoffs you need none of that and you should be able to find them with less than 500 miles for about $400 a wheel.

I went with TSPORTLINE 19” wheel and tire combo since they had a Labor Day sale. Those were considerably more expensive though.
I don’t like how expensive they are. Love their products and their quality is probably great but they’re so pricy

Reactions: Cyberspeed