Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying my first Tesla P100d! Is this a good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with the service department and they told me it will cost me only $250 for the inspection
Since when?!?

I tried to get a SC to do a pre-buy inspection back in 2014 and they refused, advising that "they don't do those." My hunch was that it was because they know TOO much--i.e. they have the car's entire service history, but, technically, it's private info related to the previous owner and his/her history with the car.

Let us know how the inspection goes as I'm quite curious to see what they do, and that they don't change their minds!

Seller is fine going with me to my local credit union and doesn’t mind driving 2 hours to meet me there. I’m actually going to see it tomorrow. I hope I can reschedule the inspection from Saturday to Friday. How much you think I can sell this car if I decided to sell it in a couple of months? Seller is giving me a car cover, charger and portable charger too. I’m hope I can sleep tonight. I’m so excited that I might not able to. Goodnight guys.
After you pay sales tax on it don't plan on making money on the deal after taxes. It's not a bad deal but flipping a car in that price range for profit isn't really a good bet when Tesla will sell a brand new one for $130k or less minus another $8500 in tax credits and incentives for a total of $121,500 then be eligible for sec 179 tax deductions.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidc18
After you pay sales tax on it don't plan on making money on the deal after taxes. It's not a bad deal but flipping a car in that price range for profit isn't really a good bet when Tesla will sell a brand new one for $130k or less minus another $8500 in tax credits and incentives for a total of $121,500 then be eligible for sec 179 tax deductions.
I’ve spent weeks going to multiple Tesla dealers and the closes I got was $139,500. You’re saying I can find one for $121,500? I’m most likely going to be to be keeping the car. I need a car cover ASAP!

Well I took a minute and looked now and this XP100D is $127,600 after referral and standard $7500 tax credit, less depending on your state. This SP100D is 121,000, They have removed most of the inventory cars last night but they will be putting cars back. If an owner advisor will take the time and search for you there are better deals than these. The car you found is a great deal if everything is good with it but I’m just saying they usually have massive discounts on the P100’s.
Model S P100D 5YJSA1E4XHF214238 | Tesla
Model X P100D 5YJXCDE47HF053977 | Tesla

Last edited:
Well I took a minute and looked now and this XP100D is $127,600 after referral and standard $7500 tax credit, less depending on your state. This SP100D is 121,000, They have removed most of the inventory cars last night but they will be putting cars back. If an owner advisor will take the time and search for you there are better deals than these. The car you found is a great deal if everything is good with it but I’m just saying they usually have massive discounts on the P100’s.
Model S P100D 5YJSA1E4XHF214238 | Tesla
Model X P100D 5YJXCDE47HF053977 | Tesla
Not bad, I won’t be selling it. I can’t sleep!! Anxious for tomorrow. I wonder if it’s the same MSRP as the one I’m going to get tomorrow?

Attachments

• 8FE9755A-25EB-416D-8846-02756DA98EF9.png
    8FE9755A-25EB-416D-8846-02756DA98EF9.png
    374.6 KB · Views: 58
mehh....not that odd. that's what i did.....paid off a third of the loan in the first month....just because...
Ditto, although I wanted to pay it off completely to avoid paying any interest. After my analysis, I realized I was getting about 7% annual returns in the account that the money would be coming from, versus my 1.9% interest rate on the car. Simple math said to keep my money in the account drawing the most interest.

white inventory is a basic p100d, yours is full, only one thing is missing: High Amperage Charger
Yeah the one I sent doesn’t have as many options because of the temporary removal of most inventory online this week but they are still there, but only available from Owner Advisors. There are $160k sticker inventory cars always available with about $28k in discounts and close to $40k in discounts on those high end sticker cars if you wait for them. Tesla was smart to finally remove them from online to keep people from shying away from custom ordering big dollar cars. No matter how you look at it the $160k MSRP stickers are ridiculously inflated so they can highly discount them. The cost difference to build a S 75D and a S P100D is relatively very little and therefore you should expect big discounts but also much faster depreciation. I own a car dealership and see high end Tesla’s going through auctions at steep discounts but not as big of depreciation on the low end cars. Unfortunately the cheaper ones are for people with beer budgets and many of those people have Champagne taste. It baffles me why someone would pay full retail for a P100DL (I didn’t) unless they were drag racing (I don’t), when for 50 percent you can buy a 75D with 21’s and premium upgrade and leather or Pleather and look and feel the same for 99 percent of the driving. If going long distance the 100D is the ticket and is still very fast(unless at the drag strip and who really goes)

Last edited:
Quick update:

Seller drove down from SD to meet me up at my credit union. They started all the paperwork today. It looks like this deal is legit and i can’t believe I’m buying it for $105,000. He’s keeping one of the keys until I pick her up on Wednesday. He gave me 2 brand new keys, a portable charger, a car cover and a brand new home charger.
** BTW the Tesla inspection came out great today. Nothing needs my attention. The tech even said he couldn’t believe he’s selling it for that price. I paid Tesla $250 for the inspection and gave the tech a nice little tip.

I need some help finding the right shop to do my Xpel stealth wrap. I have crazy OCD so I need someone good! Do you guys recommend applying ceramic coating to the Xpel wrap?

Goodnight, gentlemen!

Reactions: jbcarioca
I need some help finding the right shop to do my Xpel stealth wrap. I have crazy OCD so I need someone good! Do you guys recommend applying ceramic coating to the Xpel wrap?!
If you check on the CA forum you’ll probably find Tesla-specific recommendations.,FWIW, I want all out on mine with Gtechniq Chrystal serum etc. for sure I would go with the most resistant added protection you can find because of road rash risk. I had not only a bra but all exterior surfaces. CA has lots of discoloration risk from periodic inversions, fires etc which makes all the protection needed more. Further Tesla paints are CA compliant which makes some colors a bit softer than some other cars may be.

I don’t want to make specific product recommendations because I am almost three years out of date and protective coverings do improve.

There are s handful of TMC Sponsored Links which have some advantages.
I used one in the Florida Forum with excellent results.