Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buzzing battery after new software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi. Is anyone else hearing a buzzing noise coming from the battery after the new software update (2019.16)?? I have a 2015 MS 70. This happens after charging but also when I park after a quick drive. It’s nit the fan cooking the battery because I can still hear that.. this is an annoying buzzing sound.

It sounds more like a buzz. I think of the humming as the fan when you park the car, which turns off. This is actually a loud buzz or hum... I opened the frunk and could tell it’s coming from the battery. Just started after the latest update 2 days ago. Your thoughts @bmah

Hmmm. I'm not sure to be honest. I also have 2019.16.1.1 as of a couple days ago. I haven't noticed anything resembling a buzzing or a humming noise, although I haven't driven my car a whole lot since the update. The only sound I've read reports of is the sound in the thread I pointed you towards. I guess you could call tech support, but it sounds like they might not know any more than us owners.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help...

Bruce.

Hmmm. I'm not sure to be honest. I also have 2019.16.1.1 as of a couple days ago. I haven't noticed anything resembling a buzzing or a humming noise, although I haven't driven my car a whole lot since the update. The only sound I've read reports of is the sound in the thread I pointed you towards. I guess you could call tech support, but it sounds like they might not know any more than us owners.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help...

Bruce.
Thank You! I wasn’t aware other people were having what sounds like, the same issue. I am reading those threads now. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: bmah