Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

C-bond Nanoshield (windshield sealant) 1 year review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered here. They sell products for truckers. Order accepted online and acknowledged.

I received my order two days ago. Installed it today. Application is easy enough. Buffing out the streaks that the squeegee leaves is another matter. But, good exercise for this 73 year old owner. The microfibre cloths provided in the kit weren't very useful for this - probably should have washed them first. I used from my own stock instead. There is a lot of friction from the streaks with the cloth at first, but this gets better as you make progress. However, it takes awhile. I had to use a two-handed technique, pushing the rag with one hand while holding the trailing edge to prevent balling up. I varied vertical and horizontal strokes, and finally circular strokes near the end. Once the streaks are buffed completely out the windshield gives a clear and polished look. No water recommended for 24 hours. I'll follow up with a rain report when we get some, as the nano plus product I used is advertised as water-repellant. All in all, healthful exercise for a bored shut-in.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: hmmwv and Adam3
I received my order two days ago. Installed it today. Application is easy enough. Buffing out the streaks that the squeegee leaves is another matter. But, good exercise for this 73 year old owner. The microfibre cloths provided in the kit weren't very useful for this - probably should have washed them first. I used from my own stock instead. There is a lot of friction from the streaks with the cloth at first, but this gets better as you make progress. However, it takes awhile. I had to use a two-handed technique, pushing the rag with one hand while holding the trailing edge to prevent balling up. I varied vertical and horizontal strokes, and finally circular strokes near the end. Once the streaks are buffed completely out the windshield gives a clear and polished look. No water recommended for 24 hours. I'll follow up with a rain report when we get some, as the nano plus product I used is advertised as water-repellant. All in all, healthful exercise for a bored shut-in.

Thanks! Does the excess "sealant" leave any residue on the trim or plastics?

Thanks! Does the excess "sealant" leave any residue on the trim or plastics?

I wiped the windshield pillars clean before I began on the glass. The pillars get a good dose from the squeegee action. There will also be overspray on the leading edge of the top glass. Cleaning that up requires the same process as the windshield. There may be more overspray that I have not yet noticed, but I was careful to keep the application on the windshield as much as possible. Probably best to avoid a breezy day for this chore.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors and Adam3
Thank you for the purchase and the response. Moving forward, when you experience the streaks, instead of trying to buff out with a dry cloth, please use a damp cloth and it will remove instantly. Also, because the product is water based, the product will not harm the paint, but will get sticky due to overspray. Again, just use a damp cloth to easily to remove as well.

Thank you for the purchase and the response. Moving forward, when you experience the streaks, instead of trying to buff out with a dry cloth, please use a damp cloth and it will remove instantly. Also, because the product is water based, the product will not harm the paint, but will get sticky due to overspray. Again, just use a damp cloth to easily to remove as well.

Thanks. I was hesitant to use a wet cloth because of the instructions to avoid water for 24 hours. As it turns out we had a nice heavy fog through the morning hours until about 9AM which left the car wet. My car is not sheltered. I figure it was about 14 hours dry. Hope that didn't compromise the protection. I found a little bit of over spray on the frunk lid that I had missed. It came off easily with a wet rag as I wiped down the condensate from the fog. Thanks again for your comments as other folks here are considering using the product. A wet rag wipe down on the streaks would have made the whole thing easy peasy. I'll remember when it comes time to renew in a year.

So had a minor issue. I am sure it can be fixed. Ordered two. For two cars. One of the bottles in the green package leaked. It happens. No big deal. Just got a new windshield (3). Figured today would be the best day of any. Since it's new.

Application was very easy.

IMG_20200326_170653_MP.jpg
IMG_20200326_170959_MP.jpg

So had a minor issue. I am sure it can be fixed. Ordered two. For two cars. One of the bottles in the green package leaked. It happens. No big deal. Just got a new windshield (3). Figured today would be the best day of any. Since it's new.

Application was very easy.

View attachment 526124 View attachment 526125

Which one leaked, the prep/cleaner or the sealer? You may not need a full bottle of the prep. I had some left over. I also did a pre-prep with windex before using the supplied prep.

The instructions ask you to use all of the sealer, but this is a kit also used by truckers - which means you should have a gracious plenty. If you have most of that left you may very well be OK for your model 3. Good luck and please share your thoughts on the process.

Again, we will accept orders directly from TESLA owners only, otherwise, you can contact your service provider to have the service completed. Please fee free to contact our company directly toll free @ 844-60-C-Bond or 832-649-5658 and we will be happy to fulfill your order.

Thank you,
Michael Haider
President
C-Bond Automotive Solutions

What is your total price with shipping to Houston?

I've had the car in the rain a few times, and we had a deluge last night. I do not notice any water repellant qualities. No beading, water runs off as before. Impossible to tell, of course, whether the glass surface has been toughened by the treatment.

Thank you for your comments as you are spot on regarding the technology of C-Bond Nanoshield. Currently, the Nanoshield product is only sold via professional installers, however, we are opening up orders direct for Tesla owners only. We understand the issues with the Tesla windshields and the exorbitant costs. Just for clarification, there are (2) products currently, Nanoshield and Nanoshield Plus. Nanoshield Plus has an added hydrophobic to help repel water, however, the main function of Nanoshield is to enable glass material to dissipate energy by permeating the glass surface and identifying the inherent microscopic flaws and defects that are a natural part of every glass surface and weaken the glass composite structure initiating failure. C-Bond’s proprietary technology then covalently bonds to and repairs the identified surface imperfections dramatically increasing the mechanical performance properties of the glass unit while maintaining original glass design integrity. In most cases, it is sometimes impossible to avoid a chip 100% of the time, however, cracking is a different scenario. A chip is a simple repair, and crack is a costly replacement. If you use Nanoshield and you get a chip. the chip will not propagate into a crack which will allow for a repair and not a replacement. Finally, this is not a coating, it permeates the glass, so there is no negative effect on the sensor that are part of the windshield, unlike a coating.

Again, we will accept orders directly from TESLA owners only, otherwise, you can contact your service provider to have the service completed. Please fee free to contact our company directly toll free @ 844-60-C-Bond or 832-649-5658 and we will be happy to fulfill your order.

Thank you,
Michael Haider
President
C-Bond Automotive Solutions

With the C-Bond sealant, can this be used in conjunction with a nanoceramic sealant such as CQuartz or Avalon Kings Armor Shield for additional protection?

I've had the car in the rain a few times, and we had a deluge last night. I do not notice any water repellant qualities. No beading, water runs off as before. Impossible to tell, of course, whether the glass surface has been toughened by the treatment.

This sort of product is almost impossible to know if it's snake oil. Would the glass have cracked without it?? Did the glass crack because it was a bigger impact than any coating could provide?? Who knows!

Reactions: brkaus
First post after lurking for the past 6 months or so - Ordered the 2020 M3 LR AWD FSD Feb 12 and picked up Mar 12. TriMotor FSD Cybertruck reservation **78079 Nov 24, 2019.

I recently purchased the C-Bond Nanoshield Plus for my 2020 Tesla M3 after reading the information I found on this forum. Living in Houston and driving in the daily traffic I felt it was a small price to pay for any protection it might offer against potential windshield damage.

Fast forward several months, today while driving on the Beltway around Houston I found myself too close to a concrete truck. Before I could move over into another lane I heard a large pop and slowing looked up toward the middle of the windshield expecting to find a large damaged spot in the windshield. To my disbelief, there was nothing, no star, no crack, no visible damage whatsoever. I will say I do have IR film on the interior portion of the windshield and have no idea how the additional IR film may have reduced the force of the impact. After having numerous windshield dings, stars, and cracks in my other vehicles I feel the Nanoshield Plus coating is a product I can endorse and feel confident in saying I feel it is a product for other Tesla drivers to try for themselves.