Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Lost temporary tag

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As title says i lost my temporary tag today. Im almost certain that it well off somewhere while i was driving. Its been only a week after taking the delivery i lost the tag. Im really nervous and not sure what to do. Can someone please suggest if i have to report to police that it is lost? Im thinking to go to Fremont SC to request a new one. Do i have to be worried? If someone has gone through this please advice.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I got two more temp tags from SC. I asked the advisor at Tesla if i need to report to police/dmv about the lost tag. They said its not needed, let me know if you guys think otherwise.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I got two more temp tags from SC. I asked the advisor at Tesla if i need to report to police/dmv about the lost tag. They said its not needed, let me know if you guys think otherwise.
It's not that big a deal. Worst case, if someone swiped the tag to use in a criminal venture and the cops traced it back to you, you have the replacement tag and proof from Tesla that you needed a new one cause the old one was lost.

Reactions: Skavatar
It's not that big a deal. Worst case, if someone swiped the tag to use in a criminal venture and the cops traced it back to you, you have the replacement tag and proof from Tesla that you needed a new one cause the old one was lost.
That actually happened to me. The only outcome was the police seized my plate for evidence and I had to get a new one from DMV.