Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin overheat protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. Before "Vent" was added to the app, the windows used to close when you locked the car, so Cabin Overheat Protection (using fan rather than AC) was the way I kept the interior from being a furnace when parked outside. Now I avoid even that. I will however leave the AC running if I'm just ducking in to get some groceries.

We used 40% SOC parked at our destination on the day I discovered Cabin Overheat Protection was default on. That was the first Saturday after delivery :eek:

I utilize it with no A/C and its works well in south Florida temperatures when the car is parked outside all week at the office. I see maybe 2 miles of range loss in 8-9 hour day. The A/C in the 3 is so great the even if the cabin is over 95F it cools down extremely fast once car is started.

Added bonus: all windows are tinted with Xpel Prime XR ceramic film. It helps a LOT.

I used it for about a month and considering it's hot about 97% of the time out here in Southern California, it was always on. I was losing close to 10-15 miles a day. Just wasn't worth it for me. I have ceramic tint on my model 3 and it doesn't really do much for the cabin temp, I just vent the windows on extremely hot days.