Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calculating Charging Cost at Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice !

How did you power the device ?

A small PSA to anybody thinking about buying this: Turn off the main breaker in the service panel before doing anything else, and remember that the feeder wires into the panel are still energized so do not go anywhere near them.
I had to buy some of those mini breakers whereby I could double up two circuits per slot in the panel to make room for two separate breakers to power the meter from. I used some solid small gauge wiring and drilled a couple of holes through the side of the panel. This way I was able to mount a small zinc plated shelf bracket to that side of the panel and velcro on the meter to it. I was able to verify that TeslaFi was right on point with the meter. I don't even look at the meter any more and I am satisfied that yes, it cost about a fourth of what gas used to cost me that I can tell anyone that is asking this question. As a newbie then I too was curious what the cost is. Now, as the cost of gas goes up I have to make other calculations on my spreadsheet. This way I can pull up the Google Sheet and show anyone the calculations and the savings.