Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calendar and Android?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I'd had my refresh for a couple of months now. early on, the calendar synced, and the car knew to go to the location set on the calendar at that time - that was GREAT!
since then, no love. no calendars showing up.
I have several I use including the Samsung native, google (not much) and outlook - various calendars via activesync.
today and yesterday i tried numerous things - toggled the app calendar sync off and on, removed phone and reconnected as a new phone with bluetooth, rebooted the tesla, rebooted the phone, and finally today there was an app software update. oh, i've been hitting sync on my calendar in the phone almost every time (which syncs the outlook, samsung, and google calendars to the cloud and i would hope to the app). i made sure the tesla app has all android permissions - calendar, etc.
the only thing i haven't done is a hard removal of the app and reinstallation - i've mucked with the passwords so many times that i'm not sure of what it is anymore!!!!
earlier today, i also disabled calendar sync in the app, the car reflected calendar sync needed to be enabled, i enabled it on the app --- and no love. that caused me to do the phone removal, tesla mmu reboot, etc.
anyway, if anyone else has any ideas that would be great and appreciated. otherwise, it doesn't kill my tesla experience, but i'ts more like an itch i can't scratch.
thanks so much!

I don’t know if it’s the same, but make sure the options are enabled on the phone side. Like Tesla App has permission to access calendar. Check options on Bluetooth connection too. On iPhone there is a specific switch that needs to be on, on the Bluetooth connection to allow it. More likely the phone than the car.

I don’t know if it’s the same, but make sure the options are enabled on the phone side. Like Tesla App has permission to access calendar. Check options on Bluetooth connection too. On iPhone there is a specific switch that needs to be on, on the Bluetooth connection to allow it. More likely the phone than the car.
thanks - i've tried everything - i put in a chat with tesla this a.m. but it's too early for them californians, so i'll wait till later....

Reactions: Alexgd
So I've had the same issue, one day it worked the next day nothing. However I found a solution for me and it was a hidden setting in the Tesla app.

I'm on an Android Device running version 4.15.1 of the app, with a 2020 Model 3

In the Tesla App
• click on your profile in the top right corner
• select "Settings"
• toggle on "Calendar Sync"

Obviously you need to make sure the tesla app has calendar permission, but the second I made this change it worked.

So I've had the same issue, one day it worked the next day nothing. However I found a solution for me and it was a hidden setting in the Tesla app.

I'm on an Android Device running version 4.15.1 of the app, with a 2020 Model 3

In the Tesla App
• click on your profile in the top right corner
• select "Settings"
• toggle on "Calendar Sync"

Obviously you need to make sure the tesla app has calendar permission, but the second I made this change it worked.
Thanks UFCoffey, That did it.
Had all the same issues, getting progressively worse over last 6 months. Tried all the above fixes, which solved a couple of other BT issues - like the phone key - but not the calendar. Reinstalled the app, but hadn't toggled the hidden calendar sync! I have a hunch the toggle has to be reselected after 'some' app updates as well as a reinstall.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Used to work fine, now the Calendar Sync switches itself off periodically with a message about enabling "Nearby device permission" (which does not exist on my phone). I have to manually toggle it on in the app each time I want to sync the calendar...

Used to work fine, now the Calendar Sync switches itself off periodically with a message about enabling "Nearby device permission" (which does not exist on my phone). I have to manually toggle it on in the app each time I want to sync the calendar...
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Turn on calendar sync on the phone, and it works. But the next time I open the app, Calendar Sync is off, and I get the message "Allow Nearby Devices permission to enable". No such setting in my Motorola One, Android 11.

I have to turn Calendar Sync on every time I get in the car. :-(

Apparently, Nearby Device Permissions were added with Android 12, so the Tesla App on Android 11 keeps shutting Calendar Sync off. Of course, I've got a Comcast/Xfinity Motorola, and can't upgrade off 11 yet. Meanwhile, the Tesla App keeps assuming Nearby Device Permissions are a thing on Android 11.

:mad:
Just a word to say I have the same problem because I'm on Android 11, but it only shuts off calendar sync if you open the app on your phone. I have an app on my watch to check charging, open frunk, etc, so as long as I don't open the app on the phone, the calendar stays active. Not ideal, but functional...

Exactly same issue with me... Any suggestions for a more permanent solution?