Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Choosing which calendars show (from iPhone)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

Wondering if anyone knows a way to choose which iOS calendars show up on your Tesla's screen?

I've followed the manual and my calendars are syncing fine... the problem is ALL of them are showing up. This means that our school reminders calendar (which I need on the phone, but not in the car) and other unnecessary stuff shows up.

The main impact is that the navigation system is trying to take me to addresses that don't relate to my next meeting, etc.

Has anyone had any luck choosing which calendars sync in the car? Or is there a workaround of some kind?

Grateful for any advice on this one!

Cheers
Mike

PS - I've only had my car for a couple of weeks, and have asked quite a lot of questions on this forum. I've really apprecaited how willing people are to help, and the positive vibe on the forum. Thanks everyone!

Well, i have a similar question. I currently link to my Outlook calendar, but am moving to Google Calendar. How do I stop the Outlook calendar from being picked up by the Tesla calendar and replace it with the Google calendar?
I currently use Google Calendar as our actual calender back-end, but we view it on both the iOS calendar and the Google Cal app (as each app provides different views that are suitable for different scenarios).
I'm not sure which it is that's currently syncing with my Tesla. I just turned "sync calendar" on in the car, and it's pulling all the calendars out from somewhere!
The fact that it's "all or nothing" with the calendars isn't great - at the moment, some calendars that I use in Google Cal/iOS calendar are appearing in the car even though I don't need to see them.

Keen to hear anyone's insight into how to sync with different calendar apps aside from the Apple native iOS calendar, and also if anyone has cracked the mystery of how to choose which calendars you see.

Cheers!
Mike

My recollection is the feature to select specific calendars disappeared in a December holiday update and has yet to return. Searching TMC should help. I assume it's the Tesla phone app that fetches the calendar data.

(Tip: Read about each update on TMC before installing it.)

This is so frustrating that it was there and now removed. I've also just got the car and don't really want to see all my work colleagues' appointments.
And the car will automatically plan to navigate to the upcoming soon events on all those calendars, repeating event locations that are on multiple calendars.

The only workaround seems to be to make your phone sync to fewer calendars.