Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calendar Sync

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that Calendar Sync can be enabled in the iOS Tesla app. I'm pretty sure this feature used to be greyed out but I'm not positive and there was just an update to the app today. Was this always selectable or is this indeed new? Still no calendar option in the car OS, but if this is indeed a change in the app, then perhaps it's a sign of an upcoming update.

I just noticed that Calendar Sync can be enabled in the iOS Tesla app. I'm pretty sure this feature used to be greyed out but I'm not positive and there was just an update to the app today. Was this always selectable or is this indeed new? Still no calendar option in the car OS, but if this is indeed a change in the app, then perhaps it's a sign of an upcoming update.

I'm on android but my app has always had the calander option enabled. Like you said though, nothing on the Tesla OS....

It displays your daily calendar appointments. It pulls all the data from your phone calendar and displays it when asked or displays it on first entry of the day (very nice for me since I commute and it displays my full days schedule when I first get in my car in the morning).
The calendar sync also brings in any address data in calendar events. On Model S or X, it’s a handy way to quickly navigate to your destination. When you touch the calendar event, the location pops up on the map, and you can touch the navigate button. Voila.

The calendar sync also brings in any address data in calendar events. On Model S or X, it’s a handy way to quickly navigate to your destination. When you touch the calendar event, the location pops up on the map, and you can touch the navigate button. Voila.

I really wish they do this for the 3 soon as well. I rented a car that had Apple Carplay and the calendar sync was the only feature I miss from it. It is especially great when you have multiple appointments at different locations throughout the day.

• Love
Reactions: lemketron
I found the calendar icon on the screen, and can sync it to my phone, but at this time, it doesn't appear to be functional.
I have version 2018.16.1cbe3dea
To access the calendar icon, place the car in park but not charging, put your foot on the brake. At the top right of the screen will be the passenger airbag icon. Click on it, and it will bring up a menu with the choice of either navigation or calendar app.

I found the calendar icon on the screen, and can sync it to my phone, but at this time, it doesn't appear to be functional.
I have version 2018.16.1cbe3dea
To access the calendar icon, place the car in park but not charging, put your foot on the brake. At the top right of the screen will be the passenger airbag icon. Click on it, and it will bring up a menu with the choice of either navigation or calendar app.
That menu isn’t supposed to be there. You can turn on auto presenting door handles from there too :)

Mine has worked sporadically with my Pixel 3 since it came out with Version 9. I'm still on 42.3 and haven't gotten any updates in a while. Some days the calendar will pop up, other days it won't. Tesla app has full access

Just picked up my Model 3 on Friday and I already love this feature. The only thing is that it only displays 2 days of events. Would love to be able to scroll forwards at least a month or so. Does anyone know if this is an adjustable setting? I can't seem to find anything.

Anybody had issues with this after recent updates? Mine tells me my phone doesn't allow calendar access but I have allowed it. iOS 12.1 on iphoneX

I wish I could get this function to work, but it is one that has never worked for me since day 1 (back in late August). I have been told that the calendar would be able to display your Google calendar, but no luck for me in either case (Apple calendar or Google calendar.) Any idea where we can go for more documentation on this?

I wish I could get this function to work, but it is one that has never worked for me since day 1 (back in late August). I have been told that the calendar would be able to display your Google calendar, but no luck for me in either case (Apple calendar or Google calendar.) Any idea where we can go for more documentation on this?

Is your Google calendar shown on the iPhone native calendar? My Google calendar shows on the 3.

Try toggling the "Calendar Sync" option off and on again - that works for me when the calendar stops updating occasionally.