Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California bill to requires landlords to allow EV Chargers to be installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The government is not interfering with personal property. It's setting rules for commercial property to promote the general welfare.
Cars are toxic.

for the general welfare ... that's laughable.

Every person here is violating some law created for either the "greater good" or "general welfare" of the people or, in my opinion, for the politicians' welfare.

It's a lovely statement that is soothing to the herd. Kind of like, "no boots on the ground" makes people feel better ... but the 1000 plus troops on the ground in Iraq would beg to differ.

No matter what, it's your right to put your (generic) head in the sand and I respect that. But, I cant help but do my best to make people look at the bigger picture (not their personal interests as many here seem to do) when giving away the farm to politicians.

Seems reasonable to me. Of course reasonable people may disagree, but they should use a stronger, more nuanced argument than "the government should not be interfering with personal property" if they want to convince me.

You'll say that till they come knocking on your door. I promise.

I can see this from both sides and the legislation looks a bit pointless to me with all is caveats.

I think the politicians would be better off coming up with a law that requires any new property to have some EV charging facilities built-in from the start (or at least cabling for it). Perhaps they already do in some states? 20% of parking spaces? At least this gives EV owners the option to move somewhere else.