Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Home Delivery??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read on the 6/27 invite thread that several people in California placing orders were only being offered home delivery despite being near a delivery center. Perhaps Tesla is seeing delivery centers as the next bottleneck in production. Doing more home deliveries would speed up the process. Also, if the tax credit drops Dec 31, 2018 since Tesla's purchase agreement states the car is considered delivered to the customer when it is tendered to the carrier making the delivery, Tesla could load every car produced up to Dec 31 for home delivery allowing the maximal credit for nearly every car they have ready to ship.

Reactions: ELECTRIC4ME
I read on the 6/27 invite thread that several people in California placing orders were only being offered home delivery despite being near a delivery center. Perhaps Tesla is seeing delivery centers as the next bottleneck in production. Doing more home deliveries would speed up the process. Also, if the tax credit drops Dec 31, 2018 since Tesla's purchase agreement states the car is considered delivered to the customer when it is tendered to the carrier making the delivery, Tesla could load every car produced up to Dec 31 for home delivery allowing the maximal credit for nearly every car they have ready to ship.

When I configured it said home delivery, I didn't seen an option for anything else. I didn't spend too much time looking because I was at work and in a hurry. I live in Cupertino, CA, plenty of nearby delivery centers (and the factory)

Went into Santa Barbara center yesterday to review all options in person before configuring. (I live a bit aways so had not gone in before even tho I am a first day online reservation holder).

First off I wanted to report they had approx. 21 Model 3's that were on the lot and are going to be delivered next week (after July 1).

Secondly, most everyone there could not be bothered to talk to me. They were all huddled around a table gabbing with each other. This was late in the day. The person who ended up assisting me wasn't even on the "car side" of the business, but was on the power wall/solar side. He was delightful but I'd sure fire everyone else there. I had a few questions that he had to go ask someone else before answering me. Awful customer service.

When I configured it said home delivery, I didn't seen an option for anything else. I didn't spend too much time looking because I was at work and in a hurry. I live in Cupertino, CA, plenty of nearby delivery centers (and the factory)

How did your home delivery experience go? On MyTesla, did your address say "
San Francisco-Port of San Francisco
401 Cesar Chavez Street Pier 80

San Francisco, CA 94124"?

I think my car is sitting in SF, but I don't know if I should bug my ISA to make sure it's not being delivered to SF, and is coming FROM SF.