Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Public Safety Power Shutoff and Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,
PG&E is planning a "Public Safety Power Shutdown" starting at 4AM tomorrow morning that will potentially affect a lot of locations in California. This is to prevent fires related to PG&E infrastructure. The power will take some time to come back up, since they have to wait for the weather events to pass, then inspect to ensure that it's safe to turn everything back on.

I am planning a trip to Oregon from the SF Bay Area on Thursday. I need to know if the superchargers I am planning on using will be operational, and if not, what are my alternatives. Does anyone know of resources with this info? The PG&E website is apparently overloaded, I can't get in. My wife was able to check a couple of supercharger addresses. Looks like Corning and Mt Shasta will be ok. Vacaville may be offline. We don't have super high confidence about this information.

-Drew

Reactions: eprosenx
I would love to see a map of which Superchargers are currently offline, if any.

Also, assuming Superchargers run off the normal PG&E grid, it would be useful to see one map that combines the PG&E data with Supercharger locations.

In Tesla stores, sometimes there is a display that shows live Supercharger usage. I don’t know if this is visible over the normal Web, or if it’s proprietary and can only be displayed on an internal Tesla VPN or similar.

I would love to see a map of which Superchargers are currently offline, if any.

Also, assuming Superchargers run off the normal PG&E grid, it would be useful to see one map that combines the PG&E data with Supercharger locations.

In Tesla stores, sometimes there is a display that shows live Supercharger usage. I don’t know if this is visible over the normal Web, or if it’s proprietary and can only be displayed on an internal Tesla VPN or similar.

MASTER THREAD: post here if you know that a Supercharger is down due to utility power shutdowns

• Helpful
Reactions: alanh
If you look at your tesla map, and enable supercharger display, you will see red dots for each supercharger. When I zoomed in, some had a circle with a line through it, and the map displayed "Supercharger Temporarily Unavailable" or something like that. I saw this for Napa and Placerville. I saw one more which did not have that annotation, but did not display the usual current occupancy level. I would assume that one was questionable too.

Fortunately, it looks like our road trip is still on. Corning and Mt. Shasta are showing online so I am good to go!

-Drew