Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging waiting makes my friends angry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man I hope you got a smoking deal on that non-supercharging 60. Like, literally on fire, flames 1,000 ft in the sky smoking deal. The supercharger network is the only reason I put up with Tesla's shenanigans...

Did you check if you can use 3rd-party fast charging, such as Chademo with the adapter? Also if you have noticed, american L2 chargers on a 250v (non-industrial) line will charge 17% faster than a charger on a 208v (industrial) line, assuming the same standard 40 amps at each.

You still have regen, so have a friend pull you up a mountain, then coast down... over and over hahaha
I only half pay attention to MS60 information but weren't some of them actually 75kW batteries that were software limited? is it possible to pay to open the balance of the battery and pay for supercharging upgrade and pay-as-you-go? Or am I confusing this with another battery?
It would certainly make life with that car more enjoyable. Like you, the network is the real gem (but my MS90D is also a dream).

Did you check if you can use 3rd-party fast charging, such as Chademo with the adapter?
I only half pay attention to MS60 information but weren't some of them actually 75kW batteries that were software limited?
The issues with this exact particular car are being discussed in a couple of other threads, particularly this specific thread:

Short answer to these, it was originally an S40, which has been unlocked to an S60, but it has no form of DC fast charging enabled at all, so it can't use CHAdeMO either. The owner has been trying to get Supercharging enabled but is getting a lot of wrong information and wrong quotes from Tesla service.