Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m really starting to think that the SAs are just making stuff up. I had one guy tell me last week that I’d get in between Dec 18-20. Then my SA came back from vacation and he said he had no idea what he was taking about but probably the weekend if the 19th. Now you guys have your SAs saying next year?

I think at this point we wait until the 27th till we break out the pitchforks..z

I had a bad weekend where I shot myself on the foot (figuratively) :(
I reserved a SR+, 11/24,

white exterior/black interior with FSD and 18 inch.

Thursday:
Browsing on these forums, I liked the idea of a 'stealth' and made bunch of calls and reserved a RED stealth (got the vin). Of course, the price shot up significantly. I removed the FSD, and even then it was a significant increase.

Friday:
Wife comes home and is not happy. HAHA. We go to the Fremont factory showroom, put in a request for my order to be put back to the original.

Saturday:
I attend the Fremont owner's workshop, consult a SA and he says my previous request was incorrectly entered and is cancelled. He puts in another request.

Sunday:
Request has been modified, but interiors still reflect as White. Bunch of phone calls, get that resolved, finally.

Get to know that since I modified my order, I'm now at the end of the queue. Though I have the same reservation number.
SA advises that it's about a 50% chance of vehicle being delivered before 12/31.

I reserved a SR+, 11/24,

Thursday:
Browsing on these forums, I liked the idea of a 'stealth' and made bunch of calls and reserved a RED stealth (got the vin). Of course, the price shot up significantly. I removed the FSD, and even then it was a significant increase.

Friday:
Wife comes home and is not happy. HAHA. We go to the Fremont factory showroom, put in a request for my order to be put back to the original.

Saturday:
I attend the Fremont owner's workshop, consult a SA and he says my previous request was incorrectly entered and is cancelled. He puts in another request.

Sunday:
Request has been modified, but interiors still reflect as White. Bunch of phone calls, get that resolved, finally.

Get to know that since I modified my order, I'm now at the end of the queue. Though I have the same reservation number.
SA advises that it's about a 50% chance of vehicle being delivered before 12/31.
Nooooooooooooo

I'm starting to get pretty upset that this is going to screw up my family's holiday plans. I ordered 10/26 in San Jose and was told then "should be very early December". I have family coming from out of town and had plans to take a trip to the snow. At this point event if they gave me the car today, it'll be a hard to plan anything. Their communication is unbelievably bad.

I reserved a SR+, 11/24,

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

RIP BRO

I just got my VIN T_T. FINALLY.
cheers_Trim.gif

I guess that's how it should be.
Here's hoping for a miracle :)

Btw, on Saturday going past the Fremont factory showroom, on Kato street, there's a huge open area which had hundreds of tesla's being off loaded. I could easily spot like 5-6 trailers/semis with model 3s in a queue waiting for their turn. It was raining so I couldn't stop to click a picture.
I guess they do spend some time doing a pre delivery inspection, detailing work. So maybe there's a bunch of bay area folks going to get their cars delivered soon :)

I've been checking every hour for my VIN since I ever found out about how to check the page source.

I found one and am speechless. Let's see how long it takes for the next steps.

Order date: 10/21
LR AWD, FSD, wh/blk, 19"
VIN showed in sourece: 12/16
Contact from Tesla: Not yet
Delivery date: Better be before 12/31!

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll see your car in the next couple of days!

Reactions: Duckster
So weird. I emailed my SA. I asked him if he had any extra LR AWD laying around. He said, "I have one that has all your specs but the interior is white. Can you come pick it up by Thursday?" I was about to do it, but I don't wanna pay for a car that has a different color on the interior. I'd pay for an upgrade, maybe a blue or red one, but not white interior.