Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just did an inventory search, you know because I like to torture myself. Anyway there are matches to my exact build at 4 dealers in the area. Texted my SA and he says Tesla now has a rule that they can’t VIN match someone who already has an order in? How does this make any sense?

My exact car is available in multiple locations. Ordered 10/28 and nothing. No VIN, no estimate for delivery, nothing. How is this good business. I am done!

When I ordered first car I waited 2 years so I sympathize!!
I wasn't planning to get one since I missed the december "Order By" date for year end, couldn't live with the anxiety.
Now this huge inventory makes it harder not to pull the trigger and avoid all that stress you guys have gotten since October.

Reactions: jmcmill
So just did an inventory search, you know because I like to torture myself. Anyway there are matches to my exact build at 4 dealers in the area. Texted my SA and he says Tesla now has a rule that they can’t VIN match someone who already has an order in? How does this make any sense?
This is not right but your car is already sold (they have counted it as a sale to you) and they have until 12/31 to deliver to you. By doing this they will get even more sales before 12/31. Many people buy cars Christmas week. Corporate Greed

Posting here, too, that I ordered on 10/20 and after jumping through all the required hoops that have come in over the last few days (availability, payment request) heard a deafening silence the next three days. I called Marina Del Rey today and turns out they have my car and it’s ready for pick up but no one called, texted, or emailed me. They apologized. I’m sure this is a rarity so no reason for most to think this is happening to them, but felt I had to post my experience just in case it helps a couple people. I never did get a VIN showing in my account.