Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call from Tesla asking me to cancel Plaid+ and take a Plaid

vlicaros

Aug 22, 2018
Bellevue
I also was called and not told anything about the Plaid+ cancellation and I declined. In fact, I had two Plaid+'s ordered. Today I was emailed about both Plaid+'s and instructed to proceed with my order. I responded to the email and went to the website to cancel the orders, which I did but the [email protected]#$%^&*s are trying to keep the deposits totaling $2K. Anyone else run into this?
When I got called about cancelling my Plaid+ reservation the advisor said the $1000 would be refunded and it showed up about 3 days later.

PCP1701

Sep 8, 2019
Norwood
When I got called about cancelling my Plaid+ reservation the advisor said the $1000 would be refunded and it showed up about 3 days later.
Did you get call asking you if you wanted to cancel your Plaid+ order? My call was ahead of Tesla's cancellation and it was to ask me if I wanted to convert my order. I said no, and it was never even mentioned that Tesla was going to cancel the product, thus there was no mention of a refund. The indication that my deposit was not going to be refunded came when I cancelled the order on the website, and I did that after I received an email notifying me that the order had been "converted" to the Plaid.

vlicaros

Aug 22, 2018
Bellevue
Did you get call asking you if you wanted to cancel your Plaid+ order? My call was ahead of Tesla's cancellation and it was to ask me if I wanted to convert my order. I said no, and it was never even mentioned that Tesla was going to cancel the product, thus there was no mention of a refund. The indication that my deposit was not going to be refunded came when I cancelled the order on the website, and I did that after I received an email notifying me that the order had been "converted" to the Plaid.
Yes they called telling me that the Plaid+ was cancelled by Elon since the Plaid is good enough. The SA said that the $1000 would be refunded and if I ordered the Plaid while he was on the phone and put $100 deposit down the FSD would still be honored at $8,000. He confirmed that the $1000 would be refunded during the call. I think the $1000 should still be refundable as those are the terms when you made the reservation initially back in Sept 2020

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC