Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all X owners with their X in SC! When are you getting the X back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have not started on mine. Hopefully parts will arrive soon.

I discovered the X unlocked on the iPhone, so I visited the SC today and they locked it by pressing the lock icon on the center touchscreen.

Pressing the lock icon on the touchscreen is the only way to lock an X when a front door is ajar with a defective front door latch.

The iPhone now shows that the vehicle is locked.

They have not started on mine. Hopefully parts will arrive soon.

I discovered the X unlocked on the iPhone, so I visited the SC today and they locked it by pressing the lock icon on the center touchscreen.

Pressing the lock icon on the touchscreen is the only way to lock an X when a front door is ajar with a defective front door latch.

The iPhone now shows that the vehicle is locked.

Hi Mark
Do you still have procession of your X or they took in the car and gave you a loaner while waiting for the parts. The SC is currently having the latch parts backed up. I assume too many people have the same problem so they ran out.

Hi Mark
Do you still have procession of your X or they took in the car and gave you a loaner while waiting for the parts. The SC is currently having the latch parts backed up. I assume too many people have the same problem so they ran out.
A loaner? My old P85 is used as a spare car. Allows me to keep driving a Signature Red while the other car is being repaired. Tesla Motors is nice enough to pay for the Uber driver to transport me to and from the house.

I drove the X down to the SC with constant triple beeps due to the "Open Door". Not recommended, but I thought it might be better to take a chance on the door staying closed than have possible wheel damage from the car being towed on a flatbed in an unlocked state. I drove slow on the surface streets and it's less than 10 miles away. With the unlocked state, the beeps and the door being ajar, I couldn't get the X to the SC fast enough.

If the Model X failing front door latches becomes as problematic as the Model S pop-out handles, we are in for interesting times.

A loaner? My old P85 is used as a spare car. Allows me to keep driving a Signature Red while the other car is being repaired. Tesla Motors is nice enough to pay for the Uber driver to transport me to and from the house.

I drove the X down to the SC with constant triple beeps due to the "Open Door". Not recommended, but I thought it might be better to take a chance on the door staying closed than have possible wheel damage from the car being towed on a flatbed in an unlocked state. I drove slow on the surface streets and it's less than 10 miles away. With the unlocked state, the beeps and the door being ajar, I couldn't get the X to the SC fast enough.

If the Model X failing front door latches becomes as problematic as the Model S pop-out handles, we are in for interesting times.

I have no experience with Tesla in the past since the X is my first Tesla. What exactly happened to the S back than? Let me know the story if possible. I am currently driving my loaner S right now, everything inside cabin rattles, door handle pops slightly late so I have to wait for the handle to pop. I get lots of attention and compliment on the loaner. Kinda ironic, I don't know if I should feel proud or sad.

I have no experience with Tesla in the past since the X is my first Tesla. What exactly happened to the S back then? Let me know the story if possible. I am currently driving my loaner S right now, everything inside cabin rattles, door handle pops slightly late so I have to wait for the handle to pop. I get lots of attention and compliment on the loaner. Kinda ironic, I don't know if I should feel proud or sad.
Be happy with the loaner S. In the early days we would get Enterprise loaners, and driving an ICE car wasn't enjoyable.

Five of my pop-out handles have been replaced. The early versions were very sensitive and the doors would occasionally open by themselves or with the slightest touch of the handle. The later versions that pop-in slightly when the door opens are extremely reliable and operate better in use. Only my driver door needed another replacement after about 50,000 miles.

I don't want to duplicate other threads and rehash the past, but briefly I will mention that my VIN 0060x Signature S had a new motor drive, panoramic sunroof squeak repair, tire pressure antenna replacement, battery switch upgrade, front seat modification, battery guards (all cars), new windshield due to structural crack, new rear view mirror (didn't dim), and a replacement charge port (wouldn't charge).

The great news is the early Signature S has held up well after 57,000 miles. No rattles. Drives like new. Recently, it has a temperamental rear hatch in cold weather. I have the extended warranty.

Be happy with the loaner S. In the early days we would get Enterprise loaners, and driving an ICE car wasn't enjoyable.

Five of my pop-out handles have been replaced. The early versions were very sensitive and the doors would occasionally open by themselves or with the slightest touch of the handle. The later versions that pop-in slightly when the door opens are extremely reliable and operate better in use. Only my driver door needed another replacement after about 50,000 miles.

I don't want to duplicate other threads and rehash the past, but briefly I will mention that my VIN 0060x Signature S had a new motor drive, panoramic sunroof squeak repair, tire pressure antenna replacement, battery switch upgrade, front seat modification, battery guards (all cars), new windshield due to structural crack, new rear view mirror (didn't dim), and a replacement charge port (wouldn't charge).

The great news is the early Signature S has held up well after 57,000 miles. No rattles. Drives like new. Recently, it has a temperamental rear hatch in cold weather. I have the extended warranty.

Wow that are lots of problems in S early days. I really hope problems do not transfer to the X. I have looked at all the problems with my X, beside the paint, stretch and alignment issues that are irresponsible mistakes during painting and QC process, all other problems are unverisal problems, meaning same bad latch might be on every single X before new latch starts to get installed. I am afraid first 2000 model Xs might all have the older latch parts. Working or not working, they are still old latch parts.

...I really hope problems do not transfer to the X...
I wouldn't be too concerned. Many of the improvements made to Model S are in Model X. It's a few of the mechanical parts unique to Model X that appear to need redesign for improved reliability. Tesla has already made improvements to the latch and future versions will be better. As the parts need replacement, the latest and greatest part will be installed at no cost during the warranty.

By the time Model 3 rolls off the assembly line, the quality should be fantastic. I look forward to some electrically operated features in Model S and X having reliable manual mechanical designs for Model 3.