Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera and other apps on top are back in new v9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rejoice!

Tesla starts releasing Navigate on Autopilot feature with disappointing caveat, update with UI changes

I’m fairly new to this forum and don’t have taken delivery of my MX yet but I think that the release of V9 was the source of the most animated discussion I have seen.

What amazed me the most was a certain lack of faith against Tesla and its ability to change and fix things. For me I never doubted they would sort this out.

Remember: Tesla is not your everyday car maker. They are first and foremost a software/tech company. One of the main reason I (we) love Tesla is its ability to do OTA updates and improve their product.

Personally I don’t care about the rear camera, it even made my girlfriend sick the few times we test drove the car and had it displayed on screen. But for sure being able to use the full space with other apps when I want to is great. Can’t wait to take delivery! Only one more month to go!!

Last edited:
Reactions: brd7
Unfortunately, once you've had a Tesla for awhile you'll find that they actually are not a software company at all. In fact, they are notably bad at software.
How does that make them "not a software company"? What software company do you work with that is actually "good at it"? IMO, most of the big software companies are notably bad at software. For instance: Microsoft, Apple, Google, Adobe, the list goes on...

Unfortunately, once you've had a Tesla for awhile you'll find that they actually are not a software company at all. In fact, they are notably bad at software.
I'll disagree on that. Tesla's software is from far the best I have seen on a car. Is it perfect? No. Are they reactive and always pushing new versions, fixes, improvements? Absolutely. Does it pleases everyone, every time? No. But honestly, I think that most of the hatred that new updates receive are due to people aversion to change.