Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent mobile app issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Tesla mobile app installed on both my iPhone and iPad, with two Teslas associated with my account. The iPhone is set up as a phone key, the iPad is not. The iPad is currently running app version 4.26.5, but the issue also happens with 4.26.2 and maybe earlier releases.

When I receive a software update notification, I get the notification on both devices, but the iPad no longer shows the Software Update status, so I can’t initiate or monitor the update from there. I used to see that status on both the iPad and iPhone. The iPad doesn’t show any controls either, but that’s because it’s not set up as a phone key, and I don’t recall if the controls were there before. Are other people not seeing software update status on devices not set up as a phone key? I’ve force quit the app, signed out and back in, uninstalled and reinstalled it, but none of that made a difference, so I’m guessing this is a feature change or new bug.

The other issue relates to charging notifications, and this happens on both devices. Even when I have all the charging notifications enabled, I sometimes don’t get charging started/stopped notifications, even for supercharging, for which notifications are always enabled. Also, while on a recent road trip, when I plugged in at superchargers, I would sometimes get a message about the charge cable not being fully inserted, but charging proceeded normally. This happens on my 2023 Model S. Are others seeing these issues?