Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera Fogging Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Just wondering if this was normal. The front camera (and only the front camera) has significant hazing/fogging of 1/4th or more of the field of view. This is in ~60F temperatures. It is visible on TeslaCam footage. It does seem to go away several hours later.

Sample screen grab:
Dq2PEKD.jpg

Also for anyone wondering, the rear camera has a little bit more limited field of view on the model Y (license plate garbled up by me on editing):
4zziSot.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Steve
Hey guys,

Just wondering if this was normal. The front camera (and only the front camera) has significant hazing/fogging of 1/4th or more of the field of view. This is in ~60F temperatures. It is visible on TeslaCam footage. It does seem to go away several hours later.

Sample screen grab:
Dq2PEKD.jpg

Also for anyone wondering, the rear camera has a little bit more limited field of view on the model Y (license plate garbled up by me on editing):
4zziSot.jpg
I agree with trace, have the front camera looked at. Humidity is leaking into it. As to the backup camera, Tesla will improve that over time with software updates.

Reactions: Electric Steve