Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t Decide: Blue, White, Silver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I are in pickle as it relates to the color choice. We ordered a blue MR but today, we want to edit the color to Silver or White. We have pros and cons but would like to see if anyone can help us add to the list.

Silver:
Pros- wife’s number one choice, silver colors tend to have higher resale value.
Cons- feels very bland and simple.

Blue:
Pros- 2nd top choice for both, deep blue looks nice at night and day, hides some simple dirt
Cons- chrome seems to stand out the most (we would want to do a chrome delete = $)

White:
Pros- my top choice (if that matters ;)), hides dirt, and lines look nice
Cons- it’s a canvas for bug splatter, it’s the most expensive (not a lot tho)

I want to make an informed decision that looks at the pros and cons, but I just end up looking at pretty pictures. :oops:. Need some help deciding.

Blue seems to be a nice compromise for both you and your wife. I love the blue, it's like you are getting 2 colors of blue and your car will look different depending on lighting. Pretty damn sexy. But I know women tend to not like the blue, so if you want to please your wife, go with her choice lol. Although blue with white interiors will look a bit more gender neutral, so consider that.

My advice is to not put too much weight on the whole what color hides dirt/bugs better. A dirty car is a dirty car.

My wife and I are in pickle as it relates to the color choice. We ordered a blue MR but today, we want to edit the color to Silver or White. We have pros and cons but would like to see if anyone can help us add to the list.

Silver:
Pros- wife’s number one choice, silver colors tend to have higher resale value.
Cons- feels very bland and simple.

Blue:
Pros- 2nd top choice for both, deep blue looks nice at night and day, hides some simple dirt
Cons- chrome seems to stand out the most (we would want to do a chrome delete = $)

White:
Pros- my top choice (if that matters ;)), hides dirt, and lines look nice
Cons- it’s a canvas for bug splatter, it’s the most expensive (not a lot tho)

I want to make an informed decision that looks at the pros and cons, but I just end up looking at pretty pictures. :oops:. Need some help deciding.
This is a personal choice. All you’ll get are personal opinions and pretty pictures. Between the two of you flip a coin, lol.

Attachments

• 806DBE1E-C80F-4724-892F-92E01EE7AF9E.jpeg
    806DBE1E-C80F-4724-892F-92E01EE7AF9E.jpeg
    758.6 KB · Views: 83
Between the two of you flip a coin
Be sure and use a three-sided coins and assign a color to each side in advance. Results are final. No arguing. :p

Seriously, color preferences are subjective and idiosyncratic. There is no “right” answer. This was my choice. No longer listed in the Model 3 configurator but you may be able to special order it.

A6D0C278-D5AD-4B9A-83D9-4DB5A875A9A9.jpeg

Be sure and use a three-sided coins and assign a color to each side in advance. Results are final. No arguing. :p

Seriously, color preferences are subjective and idiosyncratic. There is no “right” answer. This was my choice. No longer listed in the Model 3 configurator but you may be able to special order it.

View attachment 350285
That was a close second for me. As i do a lot of roadtrips and weekly driving, the blue with aero covers won out. Silver looks gorgeous with those wheels though.

White:
Pros- my top choice (if that matters ;)),

This matters not one bit in our family. Not that I'm bitter or anything...

Blue if you don't mind maintenance (regular cleaning and paying attention to minimize swirl marks).