Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t purchase autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the end of your trial you can purchase two ways:

1. You get a message on your car screen that says click "purchase"
2. You get an email saying "trial is over click here to purchase at the reduced price"

BUT

Right now there is a glitch in their system that won't process the transaction. I have been on the phone/hold with Tesla for 2 hours-no exaggeration--and they can't figure out the problem.

It's supposed to be simple: You actually put the EAP in your cart and make a purchase just like everything else at the store.. but it just gives a "processing error".... I finally gave up on the person who was trying to help me ..after 55 min on hold, because she admitted no one can help me.....saying they "can't do the transaction over the phone."

I even called my credit card to pre- authorize a " big" purchase and I have 24 hours to finalize it but I can see that's not going to happen. They had no solution. I give up. and today's he "last day" at the reduced price. You have one week after the trial to purchase at $5,500 then it goes up to 7.

Uhhh looks like this

Attachments

• 20181219_182413.jpg
    20181219_182413.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 201
You can also purchase via the website while the trial is underway. I get the option when on my car profile page -> Shop -> Autopilot upgrades.
Currently priced at $5500, FSD also available for $5000 (I'm on the trial as well).

It's not on website Says no upgrades.

Oh edit it just showed up onwebsite thanks to whoever complained!

Sheesh 500 tax though so really 6k

Isn't it weird that emergency braking is there and I swear I didn't see the cars by me on screen before the trial, but I do now .. is that for everyone or just a glitch?

Last edited:
Right now there is a glitch in their system that won't process the transaction. I have been on the phone/hold with Tesla for 2 hours-no exaggeration--and they can't figure out the problem.

It's supposed to be simple: You actually put the EAP in your cart and make a purchase just like everything else at the store.. but it just gives a "processing error".... I finally gave up on the person who was trying to help me ..after 55 min on hold, because she admitted no one can help me.....saying they "can't do the transaction over the phone."
My card also got this error. I deleted it and added a different one, and it worked fine. First one was a MasterCard, second a Visa if it matters at all. First card also started getting rejected at other places some times for a while after this incident.

• Informative
Reactions: Runnergirl
I just meant that FSD was available on the same purchase screen as EAP. I'm not sure if it is only shown while you are on the EAP trial, since it is off the pre-purchase menu.
Before the trial I had EAP available for $7,000 and FSD for additional $5,000. Once the trial started the EAP price dropped to $5,500. After the trial ended I purchased for that price. FSD option has not changed at all, it's still available to purchase for $5,000.

Also I should note that I didn't waste $500 doing this, it's that the rebate in my state has an initial purchase price limit I needed to get under.

Hello,

I am looking at a used 2018 Model S. I only have the pictures. My question is if the Driving Assistance page shows the Autopilot tab does that mean that the car has at least the basic Autopilot? Do cars without the Autopilot also have the tab? Thanks

Thanks I didn't know emergency breaking was standard. . Assumed it was autopilot feature

Tesla site shows a big order autopilot button on the autopilot tab, but I don't have the button... Will try ordering online now

“Safety” features such as emergency braking are included with the vehicle. One of the many reasons I believe Teslas are the safest cars on the road.