Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Safety features cars get FSD trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since you don’t have FSD, did you have to pay for that upgrade?
No the upgrade was totally free
IMG_2806.png

Hope so, it’s just throwing me off since I never had basic autopilot and still don’t. (It’s $3k in my app to upgrade 🥴)
Basic Autopilot is great. It came free with most cars. I thought it came free with all cars???? Enhanced Autopilot is now $6K, which is ridiculous. FSD is now $12K which is also very pricey. Are you certain you don't have basic autopilot. Go to the car screen, you have to turn it on.

Basic Autopilot is great. It came free with most cars. I thought it came free with all cars???? Enhanced Autopilot is now $6K, which is ridiculous. FSD is now $12K which is also very pricey. Are you certain you don't have basic autopilot. Go to the car screen, you have to turn it on.
Basic Autopilot became standard in early 2019. It was optional for earlier cars. Even when it became standard, I think there was a particular Model 3 configuration that didn't include it for some period of time, SR maybe?

I'm still trying to understand how the OP got a free upgrade to HW3 without FSD. I thought Tesla was still charging for those upgrades if you didn't buy FSD.

Reactions: Georgesb2
Basic Autopilot became standard in early 2019. It was optional for earlier cars. Even when it became standard, I think there was a particular Model 3 configuration that didn't include it for some period of time, SR maybe?

I'm still trying to understand how the OP got a free upgrade to HW3 without FSD. I thought Tesla was still charging for those upgrades if you didn't buy FSD.
I think they are, I just asked for a complimentary upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0 and they did it 🤷🏽‍♂️. I got the idea from a thread here and saw a ton of other people who also got it for free. Only 1 or 2 didn’t so it might depend on the service center.

Reactions: Georgesb2