Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can an SA see if your car is being produced or are they just feeding me BS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is that Tesla is switching to something called a "back end" system, which does not show manufacturing schedules to SAs. It's a regional roll out. Most likely, this is why some buyers can get tentative manufacturing dates and some cannot.

This was/is purely informational and has no affect on delivery. Even with it, the word "tentative" means just that. Those who got a tentative date were often told "plus or minus a week". I suspect this info was originally made available when the Model 3 was first being produced, and somebody who was number 59,567 in line would have a rough idea when their Model 3 would be delivered.

My understanding is that Tesla is switching to something called a "back end" system, which does not show manufacturing schedules to SAs. It's a regional roll out. Most likely, this is why some buyers can get tentative manufacturing dates and some cannot.

This was/is purely informational and has no affect on delivery. Even with it, the word "tentative" means just that. Those who got a tentative date were often told "plus or minus a week". I suspect this info was originally made available when the Model 3 was first being produced, and somebody who was number 59,567 in line would have a rough idea when their Model 3 would be delivered.
I heard some like that effect when I was at the Delivery/Service center. I figured it was a back end internal upgrade that may or may not impact any useful information passed on to us waiting customers.

I think this makes sense. If I were in a senior position at Tesla, the last thing I would want is to give any more information to SAs/DAs etc than necessary. Tesla is heavily obsessed with the stock market and any delivery strategy getting out to the public could affect that. So, the overall logistical and production information at Tesla stays in a small number of hands. Lower echelon employees get told only what they need to know.

It makes sense. Its why we are going crazy a bit here. We still don’t know when our cars will arrive until they do. I don’t think the DA’s/SAs lie - but rather don’t know much. SAs and DA’s get information when they need it - so only some customers get any idea of when their number comes up.