Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can dragging (for a tow) damage parking brake?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About a month ago, I had to have my car dragged out of the garage and on to a flat bed, because it was dead due to water shorting out the high voltage fuse. I got that repaired, however, now I have the parking brake degraded/will not release happening. I’m just curious if these two events are related?

The car is telling me I could damage it further if I drive since the brake is not released. I moved forward and backwards a little bit, and it seemed OK. Should I not feel a little drag if it truly is still engaged?

Thanks.

About a month ago, I had to have my car dragged out of the garage and on to a flat bed, because it was dead due to water shorting out the high voltage fuse. I got that repaired, however, now I have the parking brake degraded/will not release happening. I’m just curious if these two events are related?

The car is telling me I could damage it further if I drive since the brake is not released. I moved forward and backwards a little bit, and it seemed OK. Should I not feel a little drag if it truly is still engaged?

Thanks.
Open a service ticket on the app and explain the issue. Hopefully all that is needed is software reset of the “parking brake.”