Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I put 9.5" (offset: +49 / square setup) wheels on my 2020 MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a good deal on ebay for some Range Rover wheels that I like:

21x9.5"
Offset: +49MM
Centerbore: 72.56

My car (2020 MS performance) currently has stock 19" (staggered) on them. If I get these new wheels, will I need spacers (or any other considerations for that matter?)

thanks!

That's a pretty high offset, you might have issues on the inner clearance. If you use spacers, you may have issues with fender clearance depending on how big you go and what tires you choose. I currently run a 20x9 +27 in the front and it's pretty flush, so you're looking at approx. a 15mm spacer.

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

upload_2020-9-9_14-41-17.png

With a 15mm spacer:

upload_2020-9-9_14-45-17.png

Stock 19" wheels are only 8 inches wide. I can barely get a finger (maybe 12mm) between the inside of my 19s and the upright. Even Tesla cuts it pretty close with their 21s which are only 8.5" with a 40mm offset, and people still complain of slight rubbing at full lock with that setup. Most people go with lower offsets to push the wheels further out, or use spacers if the wheel is not too wide. There may be some crazy people out there who have slammed their cars to get more negative camber, but I would not recommend that.

I looked for months and didn't have much luck finding any square stock wheel setups that I liked. Some 5 series BMWs run the same bolt pattern and Tesla friendly offsets, though keep in mind they are practically all staggered.

thanks for all the input. Maybe I should just stick to Tesla wheels. It's not like I dislike them. I just found this set of range rover wheels on ebay (21" Wheels for LAND/RANGE ROVER HSE SPORT SUPERCHARGED 21x9.5 | eBay) that I thought they looked pretty slick--especially for only a $1K for the set. But between not being able to get service on them from TSC, trying to figure out tires, spacers, and the fact that I don't really know what I'm doing, maybe I should just get some 21" turbines.