Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I still use Tesla data plan cross border

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, can confirm that the Tesla data works across border. Just returned from a road trip, Toronto to Chicago and back to Toronto, no issues at all. When you cross the border, it takes a couple minutes to find a new signal but other than that the user experience is seamless.

Upvote 0
We go to vancouver pretty often and every time the transition has been seamless. No interruption in navigation and traffic information. Spotify just continues working. It’s actually smoother in the tesla than on my phone with tmobile.

Upvote 0
We live in Ontario and went to several states in US, including ME, MD, VT, NY, VA, WV, NC and SC. In all cases, the premium connectivity worked fine. Understandably in some rural areas, the signal is weak or non-existent but we found that in general, we had good connection.

Definitely not worse than my Rogers phone with roaming data.

Upvote 0
I've done the reverse, road tripping in BC with a car from California. In fact, at home I don't buy premium connectivity, but I buy it when going on a road trip. It provides just a little bit of extra value. My cell phone plan roams at no charge in Canada so it doesn't provide the extra boost of non-roaming web browser (not that the Tesla web browser is what could be called useful.)

Not that Tesla wants to help me save money, but I would like it if they offered a plan that was "Premium connectivity when more than 100 miles from home at 40 cents/day."

Upvote 0