Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can service center replace / fix side mirror?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife hit the side mirror while getting into the garage today, and it looks like this right now. Is this something Tesla service center or mobile service can help fix, or do I need to go to a body shop? Thanks.
IMG_1617.jpeg

It's not a complicated repair, the mirror assembly is only held on by 3 bolts. Its possible they might do it by mobile, or you could even do it yourself. The only aggravating factor appears to be that long cable that probably requires removal of the interior door panel to access where it plugs in.

I can't tell from your picture if the glass is salvageable or not, but it looks like you cracked the skull cap. According to the Tesla parts manual the pre-painted skullcaps are "Tesla only" parts, and they will only sell you an unpainted one.

This is just a guess, but it's probably $500+ in parts, and if Tesla does the repair I think they charge close to $200/hr in labor in your part of the country. If you go the DIY route, you can probably get the parts cheaper on ebay.

mirror.png