Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y buy back and issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the $ on MVPA minus mileage depreciation. No. You’ll lose $ on the ppf.
Hello - how much time did it take for you to get the check from Tesla once they agreed to repurchase your vehicle? I have been waiting for the release letter for a month after Tesla came back with a buyback offer. They keep saying it is under process within their legal department.

Follow-up with whomever said they were filing it. If you have a loaner, and you're still allowed to drive it, I'd take that as a good sign (they could shut you down). Escalate it. Take detailed notes. Know everyone you talk with and when you talked with them.

Your state matters when it comes to Lemon Laws. Most states allow a free consultation (google 'legal referral service <your state>) and they'll help advise you. Doesn't hurt to have a legal opinion. If Tesla takes too long, you might have other options. Years ago, I had a similar experience with Acura/Honda. They didn't deliver on the buyback, so I sued. 1 day later they settled. My attorney said this was typical with Honda - unlike the other manufacturers, they just delay until someone sues since most will not sue - ends up being a better strategy.

Does everyone get the MVPA
Yes. Login to your account on Tesla.com, click ‘manage’ on the vehicle, and you should have your MVPA under ‘Documents’

I successfully sued Honda/Acura under the CA lemon law 20 years ago. Not sure what IL has.

In CA, mileage is determined from when you purchased to the mileage when the first incident was serviced if I recall.

The bigger problem is that if you didn’t opt-out of the mandatory opt-in to arbitration under your MVPA, you’re at a severe disadvantage.

Hopefully, what is offered ends up being reasonably fair. This site has a good amount of information, including some specifics to Tesla and to California but there’s a link in there for other states, maybe IL.