Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla knock CA EV Rebate amount off of purchase price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we all band together in California to get Tesla to reduce the total cost of our Model X/S/3 purchase since some of us will miss the rebate entirely (Model X/S orders) and some of us will lose $500 off Model 3?

After December 3 EV’s over $60k won’t qualify for the $2500 rebate while EV’s under $60k will have their rebate reduced by $500.

Just a thought maybe if we all ask our SA’s and maybe even start a hashtag on twitter and tag Elon we can move the needle. If they’re going to advertise the EV rebate then they need to deliver cars in time so we can qualify for it.

I’m not really a social media guy but I think if enough of us say something they may at minimum consider it.

They have zero inventory in the United States and a 5-7 week lead time to get one. That doesn’t sound like a good scenario to ask for discounts.

The only car that would exceed $60K is the Performance car. So if you want a Performance car just add FSD after the purchase to keep it under $60K. No big deal.

They have zero inventory in the United States and a 5-7 week lead time to get one. That doesn’t sound like a good scenario to ask for discounts.

The only car that would exceed $60K is the Performance car. So if you want a Performance car just add FSD after the purchase to keep it under $60K. No big deal.
Actually I ordered a Model X and Model 3. Model X far exceeds $60k so the rebate won’t apply at all for that.

Can we all band together in California to get Tesla to reduce the total cost of our Model X/S/3 purchase since some of us will miss the rebate entirely (Model X/S orders) and some of us will lose $500 off Model 3?

After December 3 EV’s over $60k won’t qualify for the $2500 rebate while EV’s under $60k will have their rebate reduced by $500.

Just a thought maybe if we all ask our SA’s and maybe even start a hashtag on twitter and tag Elon we can move the needle. If they’re going to advertise the EV rebate then they need to deliver cars in time so we can qualify for it.

I’m not really a social media guy but I think if enough of us say something they may at minimum consider it.

Tesla is the manufacturer.. they can do whatever they want. WILL they? Unlikely, since there is no chance in #$%%! that anyone would allow a "discount for california", so it would have to be a "discount for all, due to the disppearance of a rebate specific to california".

Unlikely but if you want to fight the fight, nothing is stopping anyone.

Well actually they have opened themselves up for liability. For many that ordered before November they were giving estimates of delivery time that would get the cars to people before 12/3. Also in their calculations for savings they still include the $2500 in rebate even after the November 1 announcement of the change (and even to this day). If Tesla was smart they would get all of the S/X and performance 3's delivered to Californians before 12/3 AND they would immediately change the proposed savings to $2,000 for the 3's and zero on the S/X. If I was their attorney that would be my advise.

Well actually they have opened themselves up for liability. For many that ordered before November they were giving estimates of delivery time that would get the cars to people before 12/3. Also in their calculations for savings they still include the $2500 in rebate even after the November 1 announcement of the change (and even to this day). If Tesla was smart they would get all of the S/X and performance 3's delivered to Californians before 12/3 AND they would immediately change the proposed savings to $2,000 for the 3's and zero on the S/X. If I was their attorney that would be my advise.
Somebody gets it! Thank you

From the Tesla website:

CVRP is changing effective December 3, 2019. Only Model 3 vehicles will be eligible for CVRP starting December 3, 2019. The amount of CVRP will go down to $2,000 and customers will only have three months to apply for CVRP for Model 3 deliveries taken on or after December 3, 2019.

Electric Vehicle & Solar Incentives
Well.. they’ve covered their ass so I guess we’re all assed out. Oh well. Off to Siberia.

From the Tesla website:

CVRP is changing effective December 3, 2019. Only Model 3 vehicles will be eligible for CVRP starting December 3, 2019. The amount of CVRP will go down to $2,000 and customers will only have three months to apply for CVRP for Model 3 deliveries taken on or after December 3, 2019.

Electric Vehicle & Solar Incentives
Not sure when they gave that notice. However, when you go to order in savings it still shows $4375 in incentives - fed + state. And that still does not address the potential problems about representations of delivery that should occur before 12/3.

Reactions: manofskillz