Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you decode these screenshots? Does it have Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for a Model X and I think I may have just found one that I love. I spoke with the dealer just before they closed tonight but they didnt seem to know a lot about all of the features. I asked him if he knew which autopilot it had and he said it has "full self driving". It is a 2017 100D

He is holding the car for me but they are closed all weekend. Great, so I get to sit here and over analyze pixels until Monday....

I dont have much experience with Teslas, their screens, or features. I am hoping you guys can help me interpret what these screens are showing and give me an idea of what AP and other features it has.

I see the seats are red in one photo. I assume that means it has seat heaters?
One photo says Trailer Mode. Does that mean it has a tow package or is that for when you are towing the car somewhere?
Does it have air suspension?
Can you tell what AP version it has?
View media item 120150View media item 120149View media item 120148View media item 120147View media item 120146View media item 120145View media item 120144View media item 120143View media item 120142View media item 120141

No way to tell if it has FSD just by looking at the screens. (That is if we go by the 2017 definition of FSD). Though you do have to summon, NOA, and all the other features that are being advertised as FSD today. What you have is "Enhanced Autopilot". Your car may or may not have full self-driving. I am not sure based on looking at the screens.

As far as seat heaters, those are standard for the front two seats. Though for a portion of 2017 it was not included for all seats. It used to be easier to tell, in V8 there was a Cold Weather Tab. Now there isn't.

Edit: Your car does not have the "Seats" tab which is odd. Perhaps this is indicative of not having rear heated seats. You can check by tapping on the fan icon and seeing if a graphic of all the seats pops up.

The car does have adaptive air suspension, as it is standard on every Model X.

Trailer Mode is activated when an electrical connection is detected on the hitch. It is also activated when the car detects a heavy load. I think that this feature is only for cars that have towing package, so you're set. My car has "camper mode" which I think is different. Make sure the owner gives you the hitch, it comes in a bag separately.

Your autopilot version is probably somewhat recent, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You'll keep getting updates as long as your car is connected to Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input! So does that mean this car probably has AP2? Its all so confusing to me.

I have heard of camper mode but dont know much about it. Feel like describing it for me? Youre sure this car doesnt have that? I love road trips (hence the 100kwh pack) I have slept in my car many times. I am hoping I can sleep in my car with climate running while charging. Hopefully this car can do that?

Yes, it can do that.

The car will tell you, through the API, what options it has. TeslaFi has a field on the accounts page that looks like this:
Vehicle Option Codes:
RENA,AD15,AF02,AH00,APF1,APH3,APPB,AU01,BCMB,BP00,BR00,BS00,BTX6,CC01,CDM0,CH04,PPSW,COUS,CW02,DRLH,DSHG,DU00,DV4W,FG02,FMP6,FR01,GLFR,HC00,HP00,IDCF,INBFW,IX00,LLP1,LP01,LT3W,ME02,MI03,PF00,PI01,PK00,QLFW,RCX0,RFPX,S02W,SC04,SP00,SR05,ST01,SU01,TIC4,TM00,TR00,TRA0,TW01,UM01,USSB,UTSB,WT20,X001,X003,X007,X011,X013,X021,X025,X026,X028,X031,X037,X040,X042,X043,YFFC,MDLX
TeslaFi has found your vehicle to have Autopilot version 2.5.

Now you can't access the API until you own the car to the point where you can set up TeslaFi (or some other app) but the dealer can besides which he should know what all those codes mean (I certainly don't).

Image 1865 indicates that you do have Autopilot version 2.5 as you can select Autosteer and Navigate on Autopilot.

AP1 is from 10/2014
AP2 is from 10/2016
AP2.5 is from 8/2017
AP3 is from 3/2019

Autopilot menu for AP2, AP2.5, and AP3.0 are identical so it's hard to tell from the photo. Yours could either 2 or 2.5 depending on whether it beat the deadline of August or not.

...camper mode...

I don't think there's such official camper mode in Tesla but people have been requesting it so they can enjoy constant 12V, music, HVAC...

I think Tesla has answered to that request by a constant 12V if you can turn on your Sentry Mode (only AP2.5 and above can but not AP2.0), you can have HVAC by turning on the Dog Mode. I guess you'll have to hook your portable stereo to 12V to enjoy continuous music (built-in stereo will still timeout).

Last edited:
Does dog mode have a timer?

No, with a little asterisk that unless your main battery goes down to 20% then a dog is toast!

If you are plugged in from a campground, that is not a problem!

If you are unplugged, it takes days to wear your main battery down to 20% so hopefully, you will let the dogs out before then :)

So dog mode is only available in AP 2.5 or higher?

I don't think so. I haven't tried it out but I suspect that Dog Mode should work with all versions from zero and up because it's just simple programming lines for HVAC.

No, with a little asterisk that unless your main battery goes down to 20% then a dog is toast!

If you are plugged in from a campground, that is not a problem!

If you are unplugged, it takes days to wear your main battery down to 20% so hopefully, you will let the dogs out before then :)

I don't think so. I haven't tried it out but I suspect that Dog Mode should work with all versions from zero and up because it's just simple programming lines for HVAC.
Thank you!

Thank you for the input! So does that mean this car probably has AP2? Its all so confusing to me.

I have heard of camper mode but dont know much about it. Feel like describing it for me? Youre sure this car doesnt have that? I love road trips (hence the 100kwh pack) I have slept in my car many times. I am hoping I can sleep in my car with climate running while charging. Hopefully this car can do that?
No, I said the car does have the tow package. That's what trailer mode is for.