Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you delete apps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am thinking about an unofficial way, that is to login the Tesla Linux system with terminal, while connect WiFi to my phone's hotspot, if succeed we can try to find the files of those games' link and delete them. Does anyone have experience with this? Welcome to expand your thoughts...
Unless you know Tesla's root password, logging in is going to be tricky. You will probably have to unsolder the SSD from the motherboard, hook it up to another computer, modify system files to give yourself access, and then solder the SSD back onto the motherboard.

You are putting groceries in the trunk and the kid gets in and can launch apps.... I wouldn’t want a kid to launch that driving game and dry turn the wheels. Sure it doesn’t harm them much, but the point is it’s still does no matter how insignificant.

though the point of the initial question was just asking if you were able to. It’s not a huge deal. Was just curious

Kids under 12 should always sit in the back seats. Problem solved.

Child Passenger Safety

Now I am thinking about an unofficial way, that is to login the Tesla Linux system with terminal, while connect WiFi to my phone's hotspot, if succeed we can try to find the files of those games' link and delete them. Does anyone have experience with this? Welcome to expand your thoughts...

Do you really think hacking into a Tesla is that easy? If it were so, it would be a huge liability to Tesla. Hacking a Tesla is much more involved than using SSH through WiFI and those who do such things risk losing warranty and supercharging privileges. You shouldn't mess with the software that controls the car unless you really know what you are doing.

I have no desire for the cup game to exist when I get my car. Can I delete it?
I’d be happy to delete all the games from my car. They hold no interest for me, but my friend’s kids constantly bug me to let them play in my car. If I could delete them all it would cease to be an issue.
It annoys me that most of the software updates seem to revolve around the games.

Reactions: chinnam3
agree that way too many upgrades for games. But i luv most everything about my MX EXCEPT customer service/service in general
they promised me a loaner if i booked a 7:15 appt for gen maintenance I counted on it (other car in shop) 9 pm they say "no dice" we will give you an Uber credit.."With Covid lurking around every corner..think i want to get into an Uber ?" At the very least have a car from SC that shuttles people back to home
UGH they better be careful lots of competition coming up & all with companies that deliver a car in perfect condition & treat customers well!!

i would consider the Porsche, but i have to say i'm hooked on the techy parts of my MX The screen for one, The captain chairs front & back....However, they have to get their act in gear on the issues that are constantly over looked..like the poor paint, cars delivered with major issues etc. The car manuf that actually know how to put a car together are nipping at Tesla's heels..the general public won't tolerate this for much longer & they won't have to.. I am a shareholder & definitely want Tesla to succeed big time, but i am a realist also. I previously owned MB for 40 yrs & have a 911...it's been fun & amusing with the shows that the FW put on, but one more misstep from the SC & i'm going to Porsche

Status
Not open for further replies.