Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you take Model Y to repair tire leak anywhere other than a Tesla SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New MY owner. Newbie question.

Have a flat on my Model Y and got SC appointment after 4 days. Is it advisable/safe to take it to any place like Crappytire for tire repair?
Asking because I asked 2 locations nearby and both said they do not do Teslas.

What do you guys do if you have a flat and need the car to be operational the same day?

Have a flat on my Model Y and got SC appointment after 4 days. Is it advisable/safe to take it to any place like Crappytire for tire repair?

What do you guys do if you have a flat and need the car to be operational the same day?

Any generic tire shop can. No need for Tesla Service Center for your tires.

The only issue is they need to make sure not damaging the high voltage battery at the bottom of your Tesla.

Locally, I've been using Pepboys Auto Service for my various Tesla cars since 2012.

I just used Kal Tire to repair a tire puncture in my winter. I also got replacement summer tires that match the ones that Tesla sells but for less and they come with a tread guarantee.