Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you transfer a reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I’m wrong but the biggest issue with transferring the reservation is you can change the registration to whoever you want to give it to but you can’t change the Tesla account. I gave my sister one of my reservations, super easy she’s in WA and I’m CA. Only thing I did was give her the reservation number and login info. She picked up her Y no problem but you have to share the account until they get their registration documentation and then they can transfer it to their own Tesla account. I’ll share my account info to friends and family no problem. I’m not giving a stranger access to my account and therefore control of my car.
It's always good to order in new account with new email ID. Super easy to transfer to your existing account or give it to someone if you change your mind later.

Reactions: voxel
My friend provided his name and contact details and his insurance details to the person who is holding the reservation. That person provided all the info to his SA. On the day of delivery my friend went to the delivery centre with the reservation holder. The vehicle was registered under my friend name. He paid Tesla directly with a bank draft. And paid the reservation holder with another bank draft the amount they agreed upon.
Do you know if all the information in terms of name and email addresses etc remained in the original reservation holders name even after this process was complete? Also do you know if they were able to get that car transferred from the original reservation holders account to your friend's account?